Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Ancillary Satellite Issue

I only post here because it's legislative fallout.

A guy on another forum has posted that Full Tilt is no longer going to be making the buyin for live events. Rather they will give the winner the money and they will have to buy in on their own.

I listened to Phil Gordon's ESPN Poker podcast earlier today and he said that Harrah's had announced they weren't going to allow third party registrations.

I can't find any confirmation of Full Tilt's decision.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Ancillary Satellite Issue

they sent out emails, and i think someone posted one on pocketfives

i know there are alot of people that post here that go off one way or another when they hear news. (ie, neteller is leaving because fire pay is leaving, the sky is falling!, etc)so i dont want to make statements like that.

however, i cannot see how this doesnt cut the numbers drastically to the main event. now, it doesnt seem like there were alot of online sats to the other wsop tournaments and they had good turn outs so i dont buy that it will be back to pre moneymaker numbers as some have said. but if you put 10K in my hands, im not putting it all in one tourney. i will either keep it, play in a bunch of other prelims and have a kick ass time in vegas with the money.

the wpt seems to think that online poker has had little to do with their success, we will see if they are right. i dont think they are.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Ancillary Satellite Issue

I think it will be very interesting to see how big the impact is. Like you, I'd take the ten or twelve grand.

I just wonder if it's going to be 20% taking the money or 80%.