Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: c-bet article...finally online

If readers forget everything that curtains said in his article, at least remember....

"SUMMARY: One of the main points of this article is that it’s very important not to be robotic when you play poker. You need to take into account many factors before each decision and use them to come up with your play. With practice you will be able to more accurately come up with the correct solution. The trap that you don’t want to fall into is to start making your decisions in a robotic, preconceived fashion. When you think to yourself too often, I will raise preflop and bet the flop no matter what, then you are probably making some mistakes. There are many spots where I do raise preflop and bet the flop almost 100% of the time, but this is due to many other factors present in the situation and it’s not my default way of playing."

sheets
Old 05-14-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Free card:

"you have AKd. Let’s say you have raised in MP and both blinds called you. The flop comes QT5 with one diamond and now they both check to you. In a situation like this I will most often check, because it’s quite unpleasant to get check raised."

In Theory of Poker (which i still have not finished completely [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ), Sklansky says "the more ways you have of improving to become the best hand, the more reason you have to bet."

Isn't taking a free card contradictory to this since you have lots of outs (2 overcards, gut draw, and a backdoor draw)?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It is also stated somewhere, possibly by Sklansky that you should take the freecard if you hate to get raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the TOP quote referred mainly to limit, where it's undoubtedly correct to call a check/raise with the hand that you have. You have a good draw, with 2 overcards, BDFD and gutshot straight draw.

Sklansky also said in TPFAP that you should take this free card if you hate to get raised, because in No Limit, your opponent can put the exact amount of pressure on you to make calling the raise unprofitable. Bet in Limit for value, check in No Limit to take the free card that you'll need.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:17 AM

Can someone post a link that works or post the article itself. Thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 02:15 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...mp;#Post8494780