Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: marijuana use and dreams

I know exactly what you mean, usually when I take a break of it the dreams I'll get will be really vivid, I can remember almost every detail. Not a good thing when you're mostly stressed out, taking effexor and having stone cold nightmares all the time.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM

Is this because when you're high a lot you stop remembering your dreams or is it sort of a withdrawal symptom?

I never remember my dreams, high or not, but I'm kinda curious if I will if I don't smoke for a week.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM

I think its because of the weed that I dont remember my dreams. I was never able to remember a lot of dreams... but at the very least some bits and pieces, but now its nothing. Until recently at least.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Yes, I have experienced a considerable increase in dreams (or remembered dreams, anyway), after going from daily use to no use. When I used to smoke pot, I tended to smoke daily when I had it, but often would go without for a few weeks, so I experienced this repeatedly. I would also often have difficulty falling asleep the first night or two after stopping. Other than those two things, I never had anything you could call a "withdrawal symptom".
Old 11-01-2007, 04:51 PM

Chronically, the use of THC becomes more of a tranquilzer than a mild halucinogenic. You are not going to have active dreams or be able to remember tham as well. I had the same experience back in the day.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently I have stopped using marijuana all the time. Around the same time that I stopped smoking 4-11 times a day, my dreams are becoming much MUCH more vivid and memorable. I have heard of this phenomenon, but only from one person.

Has anyone else ever had this experience? that is going from Chong-level pothead to casual weekly smoker and having a dramatic change in their ability to remeber dreams. Just curious.

btw, my dreams suck 9/10 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I just came back from a long vacation a few months ago and didn't smoke the entire trip. First time I'd gone an entire day without smoking in 6-7 years and it got me out of the stoner rut. Now I smoke once or twice a week, and remember my dreams almost every morning I wake up. I never remembered any dreams before now.