Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Is this good 1 in 22 times?

Easy river call.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:54 PM

How many tables do you play at once? If it's more than three, call.

Edit: Just so you know, I didn't look at the hand.

Now that I see the hand, the real question is whether or not to three-bet the turn. I'd say not, NH.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:56 PM

Ask your poker site about their policy, but they're not going to be taking the money, but ask them, but they won't.

Hope that helps.

Ask them.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Results

Results:

Turn raiser had Q2s (two pair)
MP2 had 65s for the flush
SB had K9d (pair of nines)
Old 03-10-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused by this. The way you describe it, it sounds like you're looking to check-fold the river after 3-betting the turn. Being OOP makes this much closer to a call than a 3-bet on the turn, leading to something that's much closer to a call than a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, geez, you can make anything SOUND bad, can't you? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

What I meant was, I would likely 3-bet this turn.

THEN, depending on the number of players seeing the river when the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fell and the action to me on the river, I might well feel compelled to fold it, then, being convinced that I was about to show down the 2nd-, 3rd- or 4th-best hand.

I think that going into call-down mode because of a single turn raise, tho, in this case, is weaksauce. There are cases where that raise would put me into call-down mode, or even have me folding my cards...this is not one of them.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused by this. The way you describe it, it sounds like you're looking to check-fold the river after 3-betting the turn. Being OOP makes this much closer to a call than a 3-bet on the turn, leading to something that's much closer to a call than a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, geez, you can make anything SOUND bad, can't you? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

What I meant was, I would likely 3-bet this turn.

THEN, depending on the number of players seeing the river when the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] fell and the action to me on the river, I might well feel compelled to fold it, then, being convinced that I was about to show down the 2nd-, 3rd- or 4th-best hand.

I think that going into call-down mode because of a single turn raise, tho, in this case, is weaksauce. There are cases where that raise would put me into call-down mode, or even have me folding my cards...this is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying now.

I remember turn raises at Paradise .50/1 meaning substantial hands most of the time. The rate of semi-bluffing and waiting-to-the-turn-with-top-pair was pretty low. There was a time I considered that folding top pair to a turn raise might be right (it isn't because of the pot size - the strange donk plays happen often enough to call down). But this does indicate that slowing down is approrpriate unless you can beat a weak two pair.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that going into call-down mode because of a single turn raise, tho, in this case, is weaksauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best line I have read all day. "Weaksauce" has been dormant way too long!
Old 03-11-2006, 09:43 AM

It is a rare table indeed where tp is good on the river with 4 callers on a 3-flush board.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:10 AM

Grunch:
I dont really think you are good there.