Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: NFL Preseason Thread

[ QUOTE ]
For the Colts fans,

What are their plans for a secondary with only Sanders back? Does it look promising or will it be fill and coach hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bethea is back as well. Jackson played a lot is various roles last year and should be solid as strictly a corner. Hayden played great in the SB and should be fine. I don't have much worries about the secondary.

The real worries in my mind deal with the front 7.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think ppl were foolish to write off the Saints last year b/c of the significant personnel changes in the offseason - every year there is a new young, hungry, talented team that rises up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand--when people were writing off the Saints--who were 3-13 in 2005--as a poor team, you thought they were foolish? After the fact or what?

Hmmm I am not going to buy what you're selling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if my point wasn't clear - no, I did not predict the level of the Saints success. My point is only that teams go from bad to good in a year usually because of a significant change in personnel / addition of key rookies / free agents / coaching, etc.... The Saints had all this.

The Giants and the Redskins do not, thus I think predicting mediocrity for them is more reasonable than predicting mediocrity for other teams because there hasn't been much change in the offseason for those two teams - and they were mediocre last year.

But I do agree that the term "no chance" does get thrown around too easily.

D
Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

@Green Bay P
@Minnesota P
@New Orleans CU

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's where we disagree. Even on the road, I think the Eagles are clear favorites over Green Bay and Minnesota. I think the Saints and Eagles are about even, so the Saints at home should be no more than a 3 to 3.5 point favorites. That means that they should win at least 6-7 games out of conference and 4-5 games in conference.

So I do somewhat concede. After looking at the schedule, they should win between 10 and 12 games.

I'd be willing to make an over-under bet with you.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:44 PM

brandon jacobs is a MONSTER, you will all see, 1400 yards, 10+ tds put it down
Old 07-27-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had this argument with Fink alot last year. The Eagles defense is relying on their reputation. They are no longer the great defense they were. They don't stink by any means, I just think that they are going to continue to decline and that Eagles fans will have problems seeing it because of how good they have been for so many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100% that this defense is nowhere near as talented as the 2001, 2002, 2003 groups. Tough to say what direction they will go, as there are a lot of young players that the Eagles are relying on to contribute. But in a few years, Dawkins will be gone, which will be gigantic. I do think that this defense has the capability to be a top 10 defense, but it wouldn't shock me if they weren't, much like last year.

D

PS One more note on the Redskins - the reason I doubt them is mostly because of Dan Snyder and how much he undervalues draft picks. In 06', they had no 1, 3, or 4. In 05', no 2 or 3. In 04' no 2 or 4. This has to have an effect on the team's ability to improve from year to year.

I will say this - the picks that they have made have been good. I think they have more potential than the Giants this year b/c of players like Campbell and Landry, who could improve dramatically.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:47 PM

Wow, the O/U on Pats wins is 11???

My dislike for the Pats is well documented, but if I had to predict I would say 14-2 is a very realistic regular season for this squad. What are their weaknesses?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:48 PM

oh btw i cant believe som graded theeagles offseason an "A" that is a joke and whopever did the giants grades on page 1 has no idea what hes talking about
Old 07-27-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they Eagles remain healthy, I would be surprised if they won fewer than 11 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

God I love Eagles fans.

Do you realize that according to the Vegas over/unders for wins, only one team in the league is 11 or higher(the Pats at 11.5)? The Eagles are at 9 btw, which I'm sure you'll be all over.

[/ QUOTE ]
Vegas factors in injuries and he said if they stay healthy.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are their weaknesses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sep 9 @N.Y. Jets
Sep 16 San Diego
Sep 23 Buffalo
Oct 1 @Cincinnati
Oct 7 Cleveland
Oct 14 @Dallas
Oct 21 @Miami 1:00pm
Oct 28 Washington
Nov 4 @Indianapolis
Nov 18 @Buffalo
Nov 25 Philadelphia
Dec 3 @Baltimore
Dec 9 Pittsburgh
Dec 16 N.Y. Jets
Dec 23 Miami
Dec 29 @N.Y. Giants

the Pats schedule looks pretty brutal. they will be favored in almost every game, but not many as huge favorite
Old 07-27-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they Eagles remain healthy, I would be surprised if they won fewer than 11 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

God I love Eagles fans.

Do you realize that according to the Vegas over/unders for wins, only one team in the league is 11 or higher(the Pats at 11.5)? The Eagles are at 9 btw, which I'm sure you'll be all over.

[/ QUOTE ]
Vegas factors in injuries and he said if they stay healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eagles would also be a good team if Peyton Manning forced a trade to Philadelphia and brought along Freeny with him. This is about as likely to happen as an NFL team not sustaining significant injuries.