Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Open shoving retarded hands while on tilt

This started happening to me very frequently recently.
Bad bluff here, bad beat there, bad call, AA gets murdered by a set, while i don't flop sets at all or when i do, everyone folds and i start to tilt...The usual.

I used to be able to shake it off, like throwing that Stars or FTP stress ball at the wall, punch my pillow, shout something, walk it off etc.

But lately i just start shoving allin preflop like a retard.
It obviously costs me money even though i recently destroyed some dude twice with Arag against his big PP.

Wtf is going on?
Did i make too much money already that i don't care anymore about losing 1-2 buyins? (i play Nl500 currently and made over 150k overall.I withdrew like a 100k, but my online br is still very healthy).

Or is that i know i will get it back tomorrow or very soon anyway by grinding hard?
Makes it look almost like a "no consequences" mistake.

I really really want to make it stop, even though by now i have developed such crazy image, i could probably play like a nit for a month and get payed off a lot.

Anyone has similar experiences?
Anyone learned how to shake it off?

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Open shoving retarded hands while on tilt

haha I did that once, after the most frustrating Sunday of my life, like 0-20 in donkaments went far in most of them, the last straw was 30 left in 215+r and we are close to the bubble I'm second in chips vs chip leader, obv AKs vs AA button vs BB.

I still had like 4 tourneys running, and I open jammed in all of them till I busted [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhow, I took a break and returned to my normaly midstakes game and havent had that problem since.

Considering that my stack was probably worth about 9K in chip EV and I was in the middle of a standardish downswing, my reaction was probably not suprising.

All of this while used to playing for stacks of $400-1K.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 AM

I dont see how u can be losing a buyin here and there and still be comfortably winning at these stakes, unless ure a genius or ure opponents r FISH.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:02 AM

You`ll stop doing it trust me.
I`ll tell you exactly when.
You`ll stop shoving retarded hands while on tilt right after your next deposit.
What I`m saying is that playing like you do right now, busting is inevitable and that will be your wake-up call.

Of course there is always a chance that you might wise up and learn from other people`s mistakes instead from your own saving your roll in the process.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 12:00 PM

i do this sometimes but usually only for 1-2 hands on every table until i calm down. tbh i rarely get called and i balance it by occasionally 'tilt shoving' AK+, TT+ after losing a big pot

if you're talking b buddy style spending half an hour open shoving across multiple tables then yeah you have a problem [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Location: \"If it shows their cards why did you keep betting?\"

[ QUOTE ]
haha I did that once, after the most frustrating Sunday of my life, like 0-20 in donkaments went far in most of them, the last straw was 30 left in 215+r and we are close to the bubble I'm second in chips vs chip leader, obv AKs vs AA button vs BB.

I still had like 4 tourneys running, and I open jammed in all of them till I busted [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

donkaments don't count, this is like standard for everybody on sundays.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

donkaments don't count, this is like standard for everybody on sundays.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-27-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do this sometimes but usually only for 1-2 hands on every table until i calm down. tbh i rarely get called and i balance it by occasionally 'tilt shoving' AK+, TT+ after losing a big pot

if you're talking b buddy style spending half an hour open shoving across multiple tables then yeah you have a problem [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, obviously it's for a few hands, but i do get called at least once or twice during those periods usually...
Old 08-27-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see how u can be losing a buyin here and there and still be comfortably winning at these stakes, unless ure a genius or ure opponents r FISH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if i win 40 buyins a month, losing 5 on tilt (for example) doesn't hurt that much, but it's still a huge spew and i like to get read of this.
Still didn't get any advices so far though...
Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 PM

If you can't walk away for an hour or two, at least drop down to 25NL. You can have at it until you're back in a better frame of mind, and then go back to your normal tables.