Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Annoying New Mother.

A friend recently became a mother for the first time. Understandably she is excited and believes her baby to be the most beautiful baby in the world, etc etc. We of course all have to agree with her. She is however taking it all a bit far. The baby is four months old now and she is still sending her circle of friends photo’s. Around 30 photo’s at a time. On a weekly basis. This is annoying. This is also very boring. I no longer open her emails. I just delete it with its enclosed 2 meg attachment.

But New Years Eve was the killer. Before she dropped the kid this woman was the big ‘organizer’. She loves to organize. Organize parties, or going to the restaurant or whatever. So she of course wanted to organize new years. Except that she has a four month old baby. Well, that wasn’t going to stop our hero. She organized a dinner at another friends house. When I arrived, coked off my head with some friends we were greeted at the door, (this wasn’t even her house mind you) with a big,

“SSSHHHHUUUSSHHHHH!!!!” cause the baby was sleeping.

Are you [censored] kidding me? The baby is sleeping?? On new years eve?? Stay home then for gods sake. I didn’t shush. I made some noise. I admit that I might have even done some crashing and banging as I stomped inside. It was satisfying.

But the cruncher came later on in the evening when she decided to go to bed a little after midnight, (she was sleeping at the mutual friends house so as to not wake the baby.) She wished me good night with the line;

“I have to go to bed. I have to work at 6.30am tomorrow.”

I looked at her and replied, “You have to what?”

“Work, I have to work early.”

“What do you mean, ‘work’?”

“My baby, I have to get up and feed him early.”

“So you think your baby is a job? You’re comparing your first bon son with working in an umbrella factory? Are you kidding? I have to get up early too, I have to feed my cat. Is that work?”

Maybe the cat reference wasn’t such a good idea, but I really can’t stand new mothers.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Annoying New Mother.

You seem like someone who makes a party fun.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:58 PM

The worst is when an overprotective mother's baby gets chicken pox and she's always running off because the baby's crying and everyone's like "off to take care of poxbaby instead of hanging out talking with her friends again I guess." I mean gimme a break.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:59 PM

and THAT is why I don't want to have children for a very long, long time. I am not willing to make anything else (excluding my own happiness) the center of my life.

hopefully I'll mature sometime soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hopefully I'll mature sometime soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, please take your time. My son's almost 4 now and I'm still trying to find out if it's possible for a mother to even *have* a life.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:00 PM

She should have found a baby sitter for something like a New Year's Party considering it wasn't her house. If it was her place and she was hosting, then I'd say to respect her wishes or go home (albeit she should have noted in the invitation that the party would be lame).
Old 01-07-2007, 10:02 PM

lol. Good post.

Reminds me of an old stand-up sketch by Laura Kightlinger. She discussed hwo depressing it was that all of her friends had kids except for her. That everytime she calls them, "Joey" has to say "hi" to her, which takes 3 minutes.

I think she said when they called she was going to start bringing her dog to the phone saying "Say hi, Buster, come on! Say hi! Say hi buster! Come on!"
Old 01-07-2007, 10:39 PM

Oh man, that kid is gonna be so screwed up.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:30 AM

I hate those moms that use their kids as an excuse for calling in sick all the time. If the kid has a common cold, and your mom is the babysitter, there is no reason to miss work.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
“My baby, I have to get up and feed him early.”

“So you think your baby is a job? You’re comparing your first bon son with working in an umbrella factory? Are you kidding? I have to get up early too, I have to feed my cat. Is that work?”

[/ QUOTE ]

While my wife never said anything like this, I have seen her nipples looking pretty torn up back when she breastfed our daughter. Maybe you're into the nipple clamps being crazy tight, but I would rather work an eight hour day than breast feed a kid once. Oh, and my wife likes the nipple clamps...but almost cried for the first couple feedings.