Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 10:22 PM
 is offline

Default Re: Everyone folding this?

Preflop reraise is to small. I think 7$ is still to small. I make it 8$, really giving him bad odds if he decides to play a pp to hit his set. The way it was played it`s harder to put him on a hand so I probably fold. He could have 88,66,7h5h, Ah6h, Ah8h, 9h7h.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would that be your standard reraise at this level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The original raiser liked his hand enough to raise with it. You're ideal situation is to get all in before the flop with KK (or sometimes AK, QQ against players who would play it that strong). After the flop you're just as likely to get stacked with AA unimproved as your opponent. For those times someone does flop a set and stack you, you need to charge them to do so. If they fold and you pick up a small pot, it's still a profitable hand. AA didn't become my most profitable hand until I stopped getting stacked with it by getting my money in bad after the flop.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would that be your standard reraise at this level?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The original raiser liked his hand enough to raise with it. You're ideal situation is to get all in before the flop with KK (or sometimes AK, QQ against players who would play it that strong). After the flop you're just as likely to get stacked with AA unimproved as your opponent. For those times someone does flop a set and stack you, you need to charge them to do so. If they fold and you pick up a small pot, it's still a profitable hand. AA didn't become my most profitable hand until I stopped getting stacked with it by getting my money in bad after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...For serious.
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raise is crap. If I was in Villain's spot and had 66 or 88, I would call that. If you made it $7 pre, I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting theory. My raise is crap if you want me to start betting stupid amounts XBB. I dont think i have ever threw $7 in PF at this level. I dont see anybody else doing it either. Would that be your standard reraise at this level?
Would you rather everybody folded to you PF so you didn't have to bother playing the other streets. I love it when people call my reraises when i have AA and we go to the flop. Its probably my my most profitable hand.
The post did not ask how to make everyone fold when you have AA. If he reraised me again PF i probably would just go AI because he liked his hand so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only reraise him to 4.5$ He is getting excelent implied odds to call with a pp for set value. He only has to call 2.5$ but he probably stacks you for $40+if he hits his set.

[ QUOTE ]
Im scared of people thinking i am hesitating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about giving any kind of tell here. It's far more important to make proper sized bets and raises. A rule of thumb I've seen on the boards here is 3x villain's bet + what was in the pot b4 his bet = pot size raise.

I think on stars once someone bets they add that amount to the displayed, so you can figure double whatever it is to call plus what is in the pot, and make it that amount to go.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:28 PM

$7 pre-flop is a pot-sized raise and is standard. This hand really looks like a limit hand run amok. Once you are min-raised on the flop, just shove. This is AK or two [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] often enough to warrant getting it all in the middle.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:29 PM

pot it pf.... pot is $6.75... i round it up to $7

on the flop betting is good when he raises you to $15, a pot size bet would be to $61.75, so that's a clear push

there's a fd and some rage str8 draws out there, he's not laying down AK, so the push is def. good
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 PM

Raise more preflop. As played, reraise all-in on flop.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA didn't become my most profitable hand until I stopped getting stacked with it by getting my money in bad after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I think im beginning to see the point. Finally [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. I have recently switched from limit to NL. I have read a couple of books on the subject which have been a big help. But for some reason i was not thinking of raising that many times the BB.
I dont mind felting it with AA PF obviously but i would rather my opponent made a massive raise first. Otherwise i think i might as well flip my cards over.
Very interesting points there. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Where are those books i.....................
Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raise is crap. If I was in Villain's spot and had 66 or 88, I would call that. If you made it $7 pre, I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting theory. My raise is crap if you want me to start betting stupid amounts XBB. I dont think i have ever threw $7 in PF at this level. I dont see anybody else doing it either. Would that be your standard reraise at this level?
Would you rather everybody folded to you PF so you didn't have to bother playing the other streets. I love it when people call my reraises when i have AA and we go to the flop. Its probably my my most profitable hand.
The post did not ask how to make everyone fold when you have AA. If he reraised me again PF i probably would just go AI because he liked his hand so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they love their hand enough (AK, AQ, AJ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT) depending how loose they are, they'll call....Hell, I've made reraises and been called by KJ. Point being, you raise because you want their money. You don't want them to rightfully call to hit their set. Let them make the mistake. If you reraised to $7 and he reraised you to $14, then sure, he's going all the way with you, get the money in preflop. Don't worry about folding out hands (without having very specific reads). Unless you're only raising 5% of the time, you want them to fold a fair amount of the time that you're raising(/stealing).