Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Ahead of his range but unprofitable to push?

I'd be really surprised if he folds KK, AQ, KQ or maybe even worse queens. I also don't think you can discount him raising a flush draw at least some small % of the time. Just get it in.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just think there might be better situations to get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this situation is +EV to push, and there is more EV in pushing than calling or folding, then you should do that. There is no better spots. This is a spot where you can make money long term if you keep doing this move so I do not see a reason not to.

There is no point in waiting for better spots when you have a perfectly good spot here.

Also, variance should not really play a role in your strategy as long as you are properly rolled for the game.

Concerning the hand itself, I shove here too. I can see you being called with one pair hands all day long. Calling is OK too as it allows him to stack off easier with on e pair hands, but there are a lot of scare cards and action killers, so I push.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:35 PM

I actually think that it is close EV - wise. I'm stil not totally convinced that it's + EV.

The fact that I had seen him play an overpair 'slow' tipped me towards pushing. When I have a tough decision I often end up giving up thinking and just push. I did. When he didn't snap-call, I did cartwheels inside, knowing he only had 1 pair. Eventually he called with AQ- so we got it in good. However, I think that the majority of the time when he calls we are crushed.

From the comments on tilting, it's really not a problem that affects me. However, sometimes I have to adjust as others may imagine that I'd be on tilt and so call / raise me lighter. Also, I have £ on deposit at the club so don't have an issue of having to leave table to withdraw £ etc, so have no problem getting it in when only marginally EV.