Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

[ QUOTE ]
I want to do this, seriously. Will answer all those questions in a bit.

Actually first I have to increase my strategy/BBV post ratio.

[/ QUOTE ]

dkgojackets, who are you? I've long wondered if there were other serious players around Tech campus. Are you an undergrad, grad? I'd be happy to have some poker friends around town and could help you work on your game.

Cheers,
Bill
Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 PM

lol fast
Old 11-19-2007, 03:37 PM

will respond to this later after class... am very interested
Old 11-19-2007, 03:41 PM

I'm not making an application because I don't suit the posting requirements you have. But, if none in your group can make the web page, I can step in. I will not do it for free, but I will take way less than if you hire some web designer.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 PM

this would be great for me...

except, i do have a whiny/needy 2yr old daughter, a god-awful time-consuming occupation, and a fiance' that always feels like shes competing with poker.

another lifetime i suppose.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:17 PM

Jay,

I'm interested in this...

1. Improving my game with coaching from 2 people (2p2ers) at the moment... Speak to several other members on AIM regularly and looking to start having sweat sessions with them. Having a big change in my play at the moment...and sweating helps me keep discipline and stick to the new "aggressive" me.

2. Want to move up to 3/6 and or 5/10 and start earning a decent second income from Poker... I want to start playing more seriously and have less swings and breakeven streaks than I currently have...

3. Current Stakes are primarily 200NL with some 50c/$1 --- $2/$4 HU on Stars...I started off with £200 2 years ago and have made approx $20k from Poker .. Current Roll ~ $12k

4. The strategy posts that I have made are somewhat a little more difficult to find and post. I would say that I'm not a theory person. I read the books etc, but find it difficult to put those concepts down in text in posts. I will often say how I think what "I think" should have been done on hands, as opposed to creating some new theroem...and I read most threads in HSNL/MSNL and SSNL every day...

5. I'm a JUNK BOND BROKER in London. I'm 25, Male and used to be a holiday rep. I used to be fairly intelligent. I excel at a lot of sports and am great @ quizzes. I also DJ @ weddings and Birthdays...

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Vava

:Edited to add:

* I have Skype/AIMPro/TeamViewer/MSN.
* I live in the UK and something I have found is that its difficult to get times for coaching that suit me and the coach/sweat session
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 PM

1. Mostly just reading books and strategy forums.
2. Play regularly (at least 10 hrs week) and win enough to move up to 200 NL in the short run.
3. Haven't played much since going to college, but I usually just played .10/.25 and just wanted to make a couple hundred extra bucks for spending money.
4. I don't really post in strategy forums, just read them.
5. 18 years old, freshman at Georgia Tech. Been playing for a couple years. I know I can do well if I'm motivated at all.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

and once again, PMs are now points because right now i'm in an inet cafe in Egypt and after this session i wont be online again until im home on wednesday morning and that's when i intend to pick the students, so i will have no chance to answer questions.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:36 PM

I have been trying to beat online poker for almost two years now. I used to think I knew everything, as I had read super system AND watched lots of the wsop on TV. But it seemed I just couldnt figure out poker, and continually went busto.

Im determined to learn how to play this game. Currently I have dropped all the way down to nl 10 and nl25 to really work at it. I post almost exclusively in strat forums, and the ones i dont post in I lurk frequently.

All I want is to get a better understanding of how to win at this game. I am very committed to learning, and I think you will find me an agreeable student. Currently I am a junior at Georgetown University, a well known US institution.

Since my junior year is busy, I dont have that much time to play. But I am beating the microstakes for 9bb/100 at the moment.

I want to move up fast. Ideally I would like to play poker as a side income, grinding nl100 or 200 for a couple thousand a month.

Please give me serious consideration, as I the type of person who will be most dramatically affected by your mentoring.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:37 PM

meme
Closed Thread