Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Stake deal

Hey guys,

I was looking to stake my friend for the $320 PLO/8 WCOOP event. We have had a previous agreement where I staked him for a 330 River Rock tourney, and he was to get 30% of the profit, after he pays back the entire tournament fee.

We want to do something similar, but it gets a bit tricky. I would like him to enter into the WCOOP via a $48 satellite, of which I'll give him two shots at. We agreed that if he won his first Sat, that he try for a second seat, of which we would sell and each take a piece of.

The tricky part in our discussion is what percentage he should get of himself if he makes it in via satellite. We're good friends and not trying to swindle each other out of extra $ or %. What in your opinion would be a fair agreement for both parties? Thanks everyone.

PS: I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Stake deal

since As demonstrated in this thread, he own's 30% of the seat in the WCOOP event after he sats into it with your money, you should get 49% of the profits from that event if we're keeping the 'buy him into an MTT, own 70%' rule.

However if you want to work something else out, feel free, just make sure to do it before the fact.