Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Spalshing around at limit again

25-50 5 handed

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero raises, Button all-in ($45), Small blind calls, Big blind raises, Hero raises, Small blind folds, Big blind calls

Flop: (12.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind checks, Hero bets, Big blind raises, Hero raises, Big blind raises, Hero calls

Turn: (11.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind bets, Hero raises, Big blind raises, Hero raises, Big blind calls

River: (22.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind bets, Hero ?

No stats on villain.
Is call the only real option, or is there value in raising still?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Spalshing around at limit again

I don't see any point in continuing to give action. He played the hand like he hit a set but he's continuing to fire at you when the board is getting worse and worse for a set.

Though there's no particular reason for him to have either a J or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] too much here now beats you. I'd just call.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:43 PM

Honestly I call here because if I have to call a 3bet against some insane flush or straight it will cause me to instantly sit out on every table and quit my session and the hands I don't play as a result of this are worth more dollars than any value gained in raising here. And yes, I'm being serious, that is my reason for calling. I think there is probably some value in raising because this guy would have to be wow bad to have AJ/any jack or a flush here.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is probably some value in raising because this guy would have to be wow bad to have AJ/any jack or a flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was one of the things i thought. He was definetely laggy, probs winning 2+2er, but didnt seem stupid dumb.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:00 PM

The river card is a blank; however, I think you might well have been behind anyway, either to a flopped straight with JTs or (more likely) to AA. I would just call, and without a read that he spews I'd also just call if the river was the deuce of unicorns.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is probably some value in raising because this guy would have to be wow bad to have AJ/any jack or a flush here.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA fits this action as well.

edit: Nate beat me to it.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:03 AM

once he 3bets the turn, it's puke time.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no shot he has JT here, AA is pretty scary though.

I think the river doesnt actually matter even though its one of the sicker cards in the deck.

say an 8 or 9 peels off on the river and he leads. you guys arent actually just calling are you?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no shot he has JT here, AA is pretty scary though.

I think the river doesnt actually matter even though its one of the sicker cards in the deck.

say an 8 or 9 peels off on the river and he leads. you guys arent actually just calling are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of players like to gambooool with JTs and will raise it up occasionally if there is any sort of multiway action. It's not as likely a possibility as AA but it can't be discounted entirely.

Anyway, 95% of his hand range is probably made up of JTs, AA, 99, 88 and AQ, in descending order of strength; there are three potential combos of each of these hands. QQ beats 9 of these combos and loses to 6, which is probably enough for a river raise even if you're in puke territory if 3-bet. You need to consider, however, whether he would have slowed down with any of these hands earlier. If I'm your opponent, for example, I doubt that I'd have 3-bet the turn with AQ, and I doubt that I've had led the river into your cap with 88 and possibly 99. So against me a raise would get you into a lot of trouble, unless I thought you gave too much action.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:07 AM

AJh fits the way he plays his hand on all streets but preflop doesn't fit unless he's aggro.