Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: This game is killing me right now like I cannot believe (long)

[ QUOTE ]
There is no advice. This is Omaha. To badly mangle Godfather II: "This is the business we have chosen." You ran hot. Then you ran cold. Almost no one on here has had experience of that to the extent you're talking about, because normally they just stop posting. The only way you get used to winning and losing big numbers is to win and lose big numbers

[/ QUOTE ]
holla
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] lost 40K - OMG.... sorry to hear that... Yeah I get upset sometimes when I just lose some profit let alone lose that much. You probably need a break.. a long break... how is ultra tilt not possible when you take that kind of hit?

This is the kind of STORY that scares the crap out of me!

I really hope this doesn't happen to me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Sorry that it happened to you.

How about this suggestion if you can't stay away from playing a game, play much lower stakes than you are accustomed to until you feel comfortable again. Or can really deal with huge variance like this. You do sound like an ultra agressive player and that works well ( i think) at the lower stakes tables where you can handle a lot of variance.

Good Luck [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Despite the fact the poster has more than when he started a wealth point reached from below is never the same as falling from above.

I'd read a good book, like say Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:03 AM

Thanks for the replies. I do not think I have been on major tilt, and I am going to get some players I respect to sweat me in order to help plug the leaks. I have not been playing my A game, but I have also been running worse than I ever thought possible. I have played more PLO in the last six months than all but a few posters on this forum, literally hundreds of thousands of hands. Unfortunately they are on three different comps and I dont have Pokertracker on my laptop which I use for FTP where i played most, so I am not posting a graph.

During my upswing from 8k to 50k I was averaging eight hours a day crushingfelt, not three. The time it took me to make this money is what is bugging me the most. I still have a five figure plus bankroll, but this massive loss makes me realize how much time I have poured into this game, and how much going broke would hurt.

My present plan is to take at least a week off and then resume playing at 100plo with a 100+ buyin roll, and not move up until I win both 20 buyins and log 10k hands.

If you are an aggressive player that plays more than 4 tables at limits higher 1/2, these downswing will happen and 40 buyins for a player like me might just not be enough. I killed these games for months on end, I know I play well and still I have gotten smashed endlessly. I have lost my last 10 sessions or so and am frustrated as hell.
Closed Thread