Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

[ QUOTE ]
in some ways i almost wish that i was in a position to be seriously considering suicide, because i think that it would allow me to fearlessly approach women and interact socially and do things i have always wanted to do but was too afraid and ultimately find reaosn to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might think so, but you're really just depressed all the time, which isn't a big motivating factor to be fearless.

I was there too when I was like 15-17. I think a lot of it is hormonal just because so many people go through suicidal phases at that age, but it really does get better, and not even in the ways you're thinking. When I was younger I was like "man, I'm never gonna have a girlfriend, I feel so lonely all the time, etc etc" and here I am 5 years later, still without a girlfriend or any of the [censored] that I thought would save me from those depths of misery, but life's better anyway. It's hard to see over the top of the cliff from the bottom of it, but there's a world up there; you gotta have faith in its existence.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:27 AM

Almost everyone thinks about committing suicide at least once in their life. That's the easy way out.

You never know, you might end up having a son or daughter that might bring peace to the world.

Go volunteer somewhere working with little kids under the age of 2. If that doesn't bring a smile to your face or make you happy then find something that you really like and do that. There's sooooo much in life that you haven't experienced yet.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Better use for life savings: Go to Vegas, get hookers and blow, and [censored] live, man. At least do some crazy [censored] you didn't think you'd do before making such an irreversible decision based on incomplete information. That's how P5-ers make decisions, not us yo. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
goofy is right. i have thought about suicide, although i knew i would never do it

in some ways i almost wish that i was in a position to be seriously considering suicide, because i think that it would allow me to fearlessly approach women and interact socially and do things i have always wanted to do but was too afraid and ultimately find reaosn to live.'
'
i hope this makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't at all. suicide impulses come from a totally different place than '[censored] it, i'm going deep' impulses. this isn't some existential thing - it's serious depressive [censored].

lurker, get better - but get off bbv, don't read this nonsense, and get some help, man. internet can't help you here - we care, but that's all we can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft triumph

[ QUOTE ]
let's give some support in this thread

[/ QUOTE ], the rest is up to lurker
Old 08-31-2007, 03:28 AM

mat please make sure he sees entertainme's post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:29 AM

And stop listening to all these squares (not everyone ldo) and their square viewpoints. Check yourself into a psych ward, they'll look after you and when you come out you'll have a cool story to tell people. You'll have some edge, some worldliness, and you'll feel better. Chicks dig that [censored].
Old 08-31-2007, 03:35 AM

this might b a stupid/insensitive question but why do you people not want him to do this? his life is complete shambles if he's thinking seriously about suicide and if this is his way out then so be it. i don't hope that he does it or hope that he doesn't do it.. i just hope he makes whatever decision is best for him.

also, i think the ppl who said he shouldn't do it because his parents would be hurt are missing the point.

p.s. if this is a level..
Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mat please make sure he sees entertainme's post

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he'd be in this position if he could wake his parents and talk to them.

Seriously, [censored] these cliches. [censored] them.

Lurker, are your parents part of the problem? [censored] them too. There are people who care, people you don't even know.

I hope this can make sense:

The world is made up of more than you're used to. It's made up of more than this.

There is happiness out there.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in some ways i almost wish that i was in a position to be seriously considering suicide, because i think that it would allow me to fearlessly approach women and interact socially and do things i have always wanted to do but was too afraid and ultimately find reaosn to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might think so, but you're really just depressed all the time, which isn't a big motivating factor to be fearless.

I was there too when I was like 15-17. I think a lot of it is hormonal just because so many people go through suicidal phases at that age, but it really does get better, and not even in the ways you're thinking. When I was younger I was like "man, I'm never gonna have a girlfriend, I feel so lonely all the time, etc etc" and here I am 5 years later, still without a girlfriend or any of the [censored] that I thought would save me from those depths of misery, but life's better anyway. It's hard to see over the top of the cliff from the bottom of it, but there's a world up there; you gotta have faith in its existence.

[/ QUOTE ]
it does seem to make sense that becoming even more depressed and ultimately suicidal won't give me the motivation to "go deep" but only push me further away

i don't think i need to have faith in things getting better though..i do think that things will get better for me when i'm out of school and not dealing with girls who know me and already have negative opinions of me.

also, i just had this chat with lurker:

me (3:28:56 AM): talk to a professional or call one of those hotlines
me (3:29:00 AM): 1800 suicide
me (3:29:03 AM): seriously
me (3:29:23 AM): if you really are considering this
him(3:29:38 AM): not callign some hotloine
him (3:29:39 AM): lol
me (3:30:05 AM): haha it may be dumb but if its that or killing yourseld its obv whats better
him (3:30:35 AM): killing myself is what i'm doing
him (3:30:39 AM): i shouldlnt have made that post
me (3:30:54 AM): why not?
him (3:31:45 AM): too many ppl conbvicning me not to
him (3:31:47 AM): when i am anyway
him 3:31:50 AM): jsut thought i'd say bye

i have his aim and phone number and name and city if anyone thinks they can make good use of the info..i was actually considering calling the police..as crazy as that sounds
Old 08-31-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this might b a stupid/insensitive question but why do you people not want him to do this? his life is complete shambles if he's thinking seriously about suicide and if this is his way out then so be it. i don't hope that he does it or hope that he doesn't do it.. i just hope he makes whatever decision is best for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually my stance on the subject, it's just that in the vast majority of cases it's the best for the person. It's called erring on the side of caution.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:45 AM

this is all [censored] up