Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
To make this even more accessible to this forum, this would be along the lines of Barry Greenstein committing a double-murder homicide. Just completely out-of-character.

[/ QUOTE ]
not if you take into account possible steroid use + painkillers or other medication. Benoit was a good man as all have said but Benoit drugged out and not in control of himself?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Considering I still have no clue who the guy is and I keep reading as these adoring fans concoct really off-the-wall scenarios to justify what happened, "surreal" is a generous understatement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Tuq let me put it in a way so you'll understand. Think of it like this, Chris Benoit is the wrestling equivalent of Steve Nash. A consumate professional and the most unselfish performer in the sport, works his butt off and finally getting his due. If one day you hear Steve Nash killed his family, you'll find that hard to believe too.

Now if it was Pacman Jones, we wouldn't be concocting scenerios like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the sane response. If that analogy is apt, wow. I watch a semi-fringe sport (golf) and if some well known pro to the regulars but not to the masses got tied up in a murder-suicide it would rock the sport. Saying this guy was wrestling's equivalent of Nash makes it that much more wow. Particularly since some people in these parts know how I feel about Nash. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not if you take into account possible steroid use + painkillers or other medication. Benoit was a good man as all have said but Benoit drugged out and not in control of himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said earlier, it's hard to be addicted to substances and it not be pretty well known throughout the industry and its fans, especially someone who has been around as long as Chris Benoit. I've never heard his name come up in regards to steroids or painkillers.

Is it totally out of the question? No, but it's highly unlikely given what is known about him.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: McMahon PressCon

[ QUOTE ]
McMahon PressCon

[/ QUOTE ]

Perm ban?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been surprised at how reserved most of the fans have been. The real idiots and douchebags are the ones who come here and make fun of fans or Benoit himself, or go throwing out baseless accusations about how he MUST have killed his fmaily and he sucks so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW and FWIW you are officially losing your mind. I don't see a bunch of people making fun of fans or Benoit, I see people stating likely facts that probably shouldn't be brought up in what appears to be a mourning thread. "Too early" if you will. Settle down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing my mind? Read my post a little lower where I explain myself. But in the interim, if that's what you're going to say, then [censored] you man. Apparently I got under your skin. There's been plenty of people throwing out accusations about a guy killing his family and calling him a piece of [censored] when nobody knows what went down. There's people in this thread who only showed up to make fun of wrestling. That's what I was talking about, douchebag.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McMahon PressCon

[/ QUOTE ]

Perm ban?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, yes
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 AM

I think this is a valid theory to what happened.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yZWqZJYFCnU

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said earlier, it's hard to be addicted to substances and it not be pretty well known throughout the industry and its fans, especially someone who has been around as long as Chris Benoit. I've never heard his name come up in regards to steroids or painkillers.

Is it totally out of the question? No, but it's highly unlikely given what is known about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also it should be noted, since there's a ton of people in this thread who seem to be chiming in despite not knowing anything about even who Benoit was, that his best friend died less than two years ago of complications from previous drug use as well as an addiction to painkillers. Also since Eddie's death Vince has "allegedly" put restrictions on painkillers and the like. Whether he has actually followed through is another story, but it'd be awfully strange, as hard as Benoit took Eddie's death, that he'd at any time get mixed up with drugs and/or painkillers. Not saying it didn't happen, but it'd be odd.

perm ban for a rickroll? wow! lots of emotion in this thread tonight. For the record I always find rickrolls funny, this is the only time that i didn't.

Edge,

From an outsider's perspective I didn't think outside parties were deliberately trolling, they just should have STFU until details sorted themselves out as clearly emotions are flying high in this thread. Bad read on their parts. Hope this makes more sense. Just want to clear the air since our responses got read out of order and I read your previous response after you quoted my post above.