Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Dexter 11/25

moose,
nice idea...i never thought of it as a plausible triangle between dex/doakes/lila...always seemed like dexter/lila and dexter/doakes...but now that lila is getting in with the other cops masuka/angel they might tell her that doakes is the suspect and she will go after him to get back in dexter's favor...
Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 AM

This show is amazing on so many levels. As others have said, I was worried that this season would be a huge letdown after last year and would become repitive killings each week. Little did I know that this season would be just as good, if not better than last season.
I really think that Dexter has to kill Doakes. Trying to frame him is too risky. Even if he does everything perfectly, Doakes is still going to tell everyone who would question him/ arrest him about Dexter. If any of the detectives/police began to entertain Doake's accusations it would not bode well for Dexter. I.E. the fact that Doakes does not have a boat and Dexter does. I think it would be a believable story if Doakes is killed and everyone is led to believe that he has just gone off the grid because he doesn't want to be arrested.

Lastly, does anyone know how many seasons they plan on doing this show for?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, does anyone know how many seasons they plan on doing this show for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most shows go on for as long as they can plausibly run. By plausibly I mean, if writing gets stale, actors get bored or the shows loses its popularity. Seinfeld is an example of actors and writers saying enough as it could have lasted a hell of a lot longer.

There are exceptions like The Wire, which was designed to be a 5 season show.

So to answer your question, from what I have been reading and the interviews I have seen, it will run for as long as the show can be fresh and popular. Season 3 is definitely not going to be the last. Unless of course its popularity nose dives............. which I think is a 0% chance as the shows popularity is only going the other way.