Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $38.15
UTG+1: $38.65
CO: $20
Hero: $51.80
SB: $84.45
BB: $86.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2.25</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $9.75</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($29.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $28.9</font>, Hero
Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: 50PLO overcall spot.

I push over the top. Preflop fine.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:18 PM

I dont really like calling with this hand preflop even in position. A986 is much better because with at86 you are going to get many more awkward flops like this one.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:27 PM

Preflop is fine. Flop is marginal.
Folding, calling or shoving the flop are all acceptable.
Have you considered observing a few hands before you sit down and play with them? That's probably the only way you will get an idea how to play this flop better.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:22 AM

PF is fine. I'm folding this on the flop pretty much everytime unless I'm playing an uber-aggro HU match and even then I'm prepared to lay it down. This, IMO, is one of those situations where I think your average players spews a little too much.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine. I'm folding this on the flop pretty much everytime unless I'm playing an uber-aggro HU match and even then I'm prepared to lay it down. This, IMO, is one of those situations where I think your average players spews a little too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fold too much if you fold this every time. What do you put villains on?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You fold too much if you fold this every time. What do you put villains on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brah - two villains have already pushed in front of you. You are absolutely definitely positively up against the nut straight and a flush draw + possible wrap. I'd run this on LP.net's Omaha calc but I'm sure it's not even close to a spewy call IMO. You could be massively behind a bigger two pair as early as the turn and most definitely behind an infinite number of hands by the river with your lone 86 2pair assuming you don't fill up. You really think this is a call?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 AM

PS there are so many fugly turn cards too. I know by then you'd have to call off your remaining stack given the size (what you have left behind blah blah) of the pot but if this was deepstacked...ugh! I hate it.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM

I’d like to vent a dissenting view and say you should have folded the second time around preflop, Position is great in Omaha but this pot is growing out of control and you will be third to act on the flop with not just one but two preflop aggressors, the action will often look something like in this hand. The second reason is that your hand is crap, you will hit the nut flush 1 percent of the time and a draw to the nut flush 11%. The rest of the time its just 4 widely spaced cards that are A high and therefore plays poorly against the BBs most likely holding of AAxx.

Now with this flop and the action in front of you may fear monsters under the bed and it probably isn’t a big mistake to fold and cut your losses, but I would rater reraise and try to build a sidepot with BB. The c-bet by BB does not have to mean that he has the nut flush draw he could just be betting AA with the bare As knowing the two of you will have a hard time calling without the straight or some other premium holding and the call by UTG+1 can very well be a draw and not the flopped straight, in that case your in great shape and you only need better than 29% equity in the threeway pot.

To tie in with the discussion in the SPR thread, with a large SPR and facing a raise and reraise TTP goes in the muck in an instant but with a SPR of 1.4, TTP = ze nuts. I’m joking of course, since you are calling and not pushing the problem is a simple mathematical one of assigning ranges and calculating equity.

Chris
Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I’d like to vent a dissenting view and say you should have folded the second time around preflop, Position is great in Omaha but this pot is growing out of control and you will be third to act on the flop with not just one but two preflop aggressors, the action will often look something like in this hand. The second reason is that your hand is crap, you will hit the nut flush 1 percent of the time and a draw to the nut flush 11%. The rest of the time its just 4 widely spaced cards that are A high and therefore plays poorly against the BBs most likely holding of AAxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I think NOT folding this preflop hand is bad. You are probably up against AAXX from the BB and the rest of your cards aren't that good.

If you are going to call with AXXX, A876 is much better than AT86.

As played, push over the top on the flop. It looks like a continuation bet from the BB with AAXX.