Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: D
Ravens @ NO 3 30.00%
Giants @ TB 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: please read if you are a supernova

Here's my problem. I work Retail, which means I NEVER have a saturday free (and vary rarely) a sunday free for tourney play.

So, I Think i've gotten to play in one of the Supernova tournies because I was physically unable to go to work that day.

This is the reason I would have to vote option b!

I'd rather play the freerolls and have a shot at winning some real money, but it is really not possible for me.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Forgot to add:

Moving the freerolls from Saturday to Sunday changes absolutely nothing. Pretty much the exact same either way.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my problem. I work Retail, which means I NEVER have a saturday free (and vary rarely) a sunday free for tourney play.

So, I Think i've gotten to play in one of the Supernova tournies because I was physically unable to go to work that day.

This is the reason I would have to vote option b!

I'd rather play the freerolls and have a shot at winning some real money, but it is really not possible for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're a Supernova, why the hell are you working retail? Seems like your winrate would be much, much better playing full time.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:08 PM

It's not hard to make Supernova at all. The mindset that the SN's are some hugely high-volume, all-winning players is really off.

To get 10k VPP/mth or 2.5k/wk is not very much.
Getting SN playing 1/2 limit or even .5/1 NL would be incredibly easy assuming you are capable of multi-tabling 4-8 or more. I suspect one could do it at lower stakes too would be possible with a bit more work.
But those are the lowest stakes where I think it would still be reasonably easy.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:36 PM

Scotty- I would also like to vote for 'option B'.

Microbob- The lost value is definitely worth freeing up a Saturday to me, and probably to you too once you think it all through.

I would also like to say that for me personally, 'option C' (Sunday) is better than the status quo as far as my personal schedule. I also would be much more likely to play the Sunday Million with that setup.

But I would much rather have the bonus and scrap the freeroll. Plus I think it would be more appealing to new players coming into the VIP program. Players love bonuses, and the guarantee of a bonus every month (I miss the days when all the sites had these) would likely be a huge selling point.

I wonder if we could suck up to Scotty enough to get a bonus value of $85 a month instead of the $70 he is proposing. This would give us all >$1000 a year which is pretty sweet IMO.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:11 PM

I know that that since many supernovas dont play the free rolls that if you gave something as a replacement the value would be lower...but is there any chance of giving Supernovas a monthly ticket to the Sunday Million instead of the freerolls.

I understand that you would be giving SN's a bit more, but its not a lot relative to the rake we pay, and I think it would be a much more popular alternative.....

just thing of the marketing....We give our supernovas the chance to win millions of dollars.....

Given the choice I would go for the bonus instead of the freerolls.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that that since many supernovas dont play the free rolls that if you gave something as a replacement the value would be lower...but is there any chance of giving Supernovas a monthly ticket to the Sunday Million instead of the freerolls.

I understand that you would be giving SN's a bit more, but its not a lot relative to the rake we pay, and I think it would be a much more popular alternative.....

just thing of the marketing....We give our supernovas the chance to win millions of dollars.....

[/ QUOTE ]

By far best idea of the thread, this I would really be enthusiastic about. As far as bonuses against freerolls personally I don't want to lose all that value - plus $100 a month really doesn't feel like an awful lot, especially when you're paying for part of it. Doubled it might be slightly more appealing ...... the ticket idea really is great though.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd second that suggestion. I've never played in the Saturday freeroll since it is greater EV for me to go play live in Atlantic City.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 AM

I like the concept but I think a Sunday Million ticket is a major jump in value and that would mean they would have to cut something somewhere else to maintain the program's budget. Still even if it was a ticket every other month that would be preferable.

Something I'd like to point out is that money does not have a linear utility value. $1000 a year for most supernovas has close to zero utility value. The problem with the freerolls as they stand is that they are too small to make them worth playing. If we got 6 tickets a year to the Sunday Million or a much larger freeroll every 3rd month I think the larger prize pool would be better then the $1000 in bonus a year.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the concept but I think a Sunday Million ticket is a major jump in value

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close compared to the value that SNs used to get. Early on it was at least $300 per month and I think closer to $400 even now if you play every freeroll I'm pretty sure it's over $200. Admittedly there are many more supernovas now than then - but that works out both ways, Stars must consequently be making a lot more in rake than they used to.