Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: turn spot with JJ vs unknown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate preflop and flop but you said ignore those so that's fine.

Once I get to the turn I'm betting all the way and calling down if he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

I just dont understand the your line on any street before the river though

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i like this too, u dont need to understand them, i typically dont play hands this way preflop and flop, just showing i can smooth call with JJ and play it weird then use that to my advantage at the table after the first hands since small stakes guys get a certain opinion right away and dont let it go
Old 11-14-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just showing i can smooth call with JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand why you just called pf. But the rest of the hand makes little sense with that goal. It looks to me that on every street you took the line that would earn you the least amount of money and make you easiest to play against.

The slowplay was to diguise your hand strength, but by donking you give up all that mystery and allow the PF Raiser to WTFPwn you if he can hand read at all.

Then when you make your hand on the turn you ?check? letting the villian see the show down as cheaply as possible.

You bet when no better hand will fold and check when you likely have the best hand in a spot where no worse hand will bluff.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate preflop and flop but you said ignore those so that's fine.

Once I get to the turn I'm betting all the way and calling down if he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

I just dont understand the your line on any street before the river though

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i like this too, u dont need to understand them, i typically dont play hands this way preflop and flop, just showing i can smooth call with JJ and play it weird then use that to my advantage at the table after the first hands since small stakes guys get a certain opinion right away and dont let it go

[/ QUOTE ]

HU this is fine, but multiway you're giving up way too much value.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 PM

i agree, thanks guys
Old 11-15-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea i like this too, u dont need to understand them, i typically dont play hands this way preflop and flop, just showing i can smooth call with JJ and play it weird then use that to my advantage at the table after the first hands since small stakes guys don't even notice and will never think about it again anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Seriously, who are you trying to fool? The fish who can't play or the decent players who play so many tables they don't even notice your name?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:10 AM

River's fine.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:56 AM

Bet all the way through.

"just showing i can smooth call with JJ and play it weird then use that to my advantage at the table after the first hands since small stakes guys get a certain opinion right away and dont let it go"
Don't play deceptively if you are not sure why and you cannot be sure here. Also remember that to have any effect you will have to go to showdown. The first player may have a weaker hand than normal because of the blindposter and may steal with hands as low as 67s and CO may just be a beginner and call with everything. We have JJ and should 3 bet to pickup another 2SB=1BB preflop. The flop is a standardcontinuationbet.

Bet the turn - we have the 3rd nut flush and why should a preflopposter have the A [d] or the Q [d]. Chances are but mostly if he calls he will have a lower flush or a beginner may call down with everything. So go ahead and bet.

So you have at least some BBs by not playing this hand optimally. In a playtheoretic sence you have not lost that much as stated here cause we have to account for those times not winning. But leading outpreflop and flop will also make it easier for you to play postflop.

And btw. if I play against an unknown then I won't give away value to be deceptive.
1) He might get into his head that I am a maniac even though he has no reads and will pay me off.
2)He might take a note that I am a straightforward player and then I can adjust to that.

As a general rule you should not adjust to what image you want to have, but adjust to how the other players sees you. You will have an image in all cases and your assignment is just to use that optimally.