Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Complain or ignore it? Borderline situations.

yeah see I'd just be more concerned about finally getting to relax a few minutes before getting on the plane. It's noble what you're saying and all, but right when deciding to do something about it I'd realize that talking to his boss and filing a complaint and all that crap is going to take forever.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:32 PM

1. Full-serve? What? I don't say anything here, anyway.

2. Standard.

3. I think I make sure I get the person's name and write a letter to complain because I don't need the extra aggravation while I'm traveling.

4. No draft beers for me at this bar, but I wouldn't complain.

All retail sucks, I buy as much as I can online. General stupidity/bad service is pretty much the rule these days, so unless it's completely ridiculous I don't complain. If I continued to let myself get worked up over this stuff like I used to I wouldn't make it to 40 so now I take a deep breath and ignore it.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:36 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Is this actually dangerous?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's smoking three feet away from a hose full of flammable liquid, which hooks up to an underground tank with thousands of gallons of it. I would say that's fairly dangerous, even with the hose and tank containing everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's the thing... can you actually ignite the gas even if you tried?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure--there are plenty of cases of gasoline getting lit with just static electricity.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say one and three are definite complaining situations, and two is definitely not a complaining situation. I don't think four is a complaining situation either, especially given that it's a busy bar and the Guinness was going to move soon anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the way you complain about situations like this is by taking your business elsewhere next time.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 PM

i would

1) say something b/c that's dangerous
2) grin and bear it
3) wouldn't necessarily say anything to him (depends on my mood) but i'd find a supervisor/contact someone
4) eh whatever
Old 08-22-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As she passes through the metal detector and hoodie guy is ready to go, the security guard says "Stupid mother-[censored] dyke chink, learn English" loudly enough so that at least three of us and one other guard hear this very clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This person should not have a job anymore.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:45 PM

4) Properly poured Guinness should sit and rest after a pour. Perhaps this was a bit long but certainly no big deal.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:47 PM

1. Def say something to employee and to manager. Cuz I don't want to explode.

2. No, no one cares

3. Wouldn't say anything, but would silently judge guard.

4. Nope
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 PM

Since even fumes can ignite, I'd be worried about the guy at the gas station smoking. You don't even have to be lit afire, a chunk of shrapnel in the kidney will do just fine.

The racist guy sounds like a turd. I think this is something most people would not take any personal responsibility for unless their family member was a member of that race(married across racial lines, whatever). I don't think that's right, though. But I've shined on things like this myself before.

Bar code scanners fail all the time. Often the bar code label is smeared or a little faint, or the reader isn't sensitive enough. I wouldn't blame the cashier. What DOES bug me is that cashiers love to roll my sparkling beverages of choice down the ramp, instead of picking them up and placing them by the bagging area, so whatever I wanted to drink explodes in my face when I go home and open it. Thanks a lot.

Bar thing, a bummer but like I say, I usually go elsewhere unless there is a real health or cleanliness issue. Last week I went to a salad bar and there was so much oil on every single set of tongs and spoons that my hands were absolutely filthy with oil before I got 1/4 of the way through the line. And they just kept getting more disgusting. It was seriously repulsive. I saw the manager next to the cashier and mentioned it, and I could tell it would go nowhere just from the look in her eye. Then she confirmed it by saying they change that stuff every 3 hours. I told her it was filthy and pretty unappetizing, and that a much better idea was to clean things when they got dirty. She nodded reassuringly and immediately forgot about it.

I bumped into another manager and told him I liked the place, but I feel uncomfortable eating in a place that is not only very dirty, but doesn't care. I told him that every other customer is going to get oily, dirty hands coming through the line, so it's not just all about me, but probably something he should think about. And that three hours is a long time for a restaurant to be filthy. He handled it the way he should have; by checking out the tongs/ladles etc. and having the dirty ones changed. That was much more professional that the "who gives a crap about being clean in a restaurant, even when your customers point it out?" attitude of the other manager. I thanked him for his courtesy and professionalism.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 PM

1 is no big deal and not even very dangerous. Worst case some of the fumes catch fire and he has to hit the emergency shut off (this is actually extremely unlikely). Only time bad [censored] happens here is if the guy panics and pulls the gas nozzel out of the car's gas tank. Then he just ends up roasting himself. Car isn't going to blow up. No way the flame gets anwhere near the underground tank. Just chill and let the guy kill himself slowly.