Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Official CHECKS information thread

*sigh*
I can't believe the inept overall behavior displayed by you people when it comes to checks and banking. For as much as you all make fun of old people that are completely baffled by new technology, you all are equally as brain damaged when it comes to dealing with six hundred year old processes.

If you fear talking to the big bad tellers, if you are afraid of answering questions from the mean old branch managers, if you are afraid of depositing into the ATM -- every bank branch has a night deposit drop to allow businesses to drop their nightly take. The slot isn't limited to business transactions as the tellers will process whatever is in the overnights. It's a slot built into the side of the building with a metal covering on it. The metal covering has a handle. Pull that handle and drop your deposit into the overnight slot. The tellers will process it the next morning.

Before you mental midgets run off and just randomly throw checks into the slot: prepare your night deposit by filling out your deposit slips properly with the correct account numbers, check numbers, and other figures; endorse the back of the check properly so as not to create confusion or generate a phone call from the scary head teller the next morning; place both the endorsed check and the deposit form into an envelope and seal the envelope. For those of you that are afraid of dropping an endorsed check into a mysterious new-fangled dropbox, endorse the check as follows:

"FOR DEPOSIT INTO ACCOUNT # xxx-xxx-xxxx ONLY" (where xxx-xxx-xxxx is YOUR account number) above your signature on the endorsement line.

That way, if the check is stolen, any cashier or check-cashing place will immediately alerted to the problem.

To further expedite the deposit process for the tellers in the morning, label your envelope "DEPOSIT ONLY PLEASE" so that the tellers know immediately that your envelope contains a deposit and not a car loan payment, mortgage payment or some other type of loan payment.

The next morning, you should only have to wait for about forty-five minutes to an hour before you can retreat to the happiness of your lonely internet existence, login to your online banking account and see that the check has been deposited. The check may have a hold on it after deposit. For more information on holds, please see here:

The Checks information thread
Old 07-06-2007, 11:56 AM

LOL. Some of you guys should invest in

Old 11-22-2007, 11:52 PM

And for people who are afraid to use the NIGHT DEPOSIT DROP SLOTS at the bank, you can utilize the same process of endorsement and enclose your check deposits in an envelope and MAIL it via regular U.S. Postal Mail to your bank. If you ASK your bank, they will even give you prepaid bank-addressed envelopes to use for this purpose. You can even call them up and ask them to MAIL these envelopes to you. You never have to leave your house or interact face-to-face with anyone to do any of this! The bank even mails you a deposit receipt back to indicate that the deposits have been been processed!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:49 AM

I do alot of contract work in Canada. I just received a check here for 3k CAD. My local bank won't cash it (bb&t. I wondered if you guys had any good suggestions as of where I could get this cashed.