Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Default AA meeting aggression

Had played 9 hands on table, both had played almost each one and played their pairs and draws aggressively.

Hero is dealt [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
UTG folds, UTG + 1 folds, Hero raises $2, BTN calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $1

Dealing Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.25 BB)
BB bets $1, Hero raises $2, BTN raises $3, BB calls $2, Hero calls $1

Dealing Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.75 BB)
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $2, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2

Dealing River Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.75 BB)
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $2, BB raises $4, Hero ?? Had planned to call a single bet

Comments on all streets post-flop very much appreciated.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: AA meeting aggression

River is easy fold.

As coordinated as this flop is I don't think you're in such bad shape. AK,QQ,JJ,TT we can rule out because of pf action. With the As in your hand and the Qs/Js on board flush draws are much less likely. We have two blockers against KQ/KJ/KT, and they maybe holding each others' outs if someone is in there with a 9.

I'm not going to cap the flop because I don't want the lead on the turn where I set myself up for rr, c/r, neither of which I want. But when bb just calls flop and turn bets I know he's beat and if I don't have LP beat I have a monster draw. I c/r turn.

I might be wrong but that's what I would do.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:37 PM

Easy fold for two bets, I think calling 1 if closing the action was the right idea. Thank BB for giving away the strength of his hand and charging button 2 instead of going for the over call. You need to be good at least 8 in 1 times to call here and that is assuming that button doesn't reraise. The rest of the hand was played fine.

I think c/r turn as the other poster suggested is pretty bad.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:42 AM

Standard until river. I wouldn't even call one on this river. Extremely unlikely, that you can be ahead here, IMO.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:59 AM

Other than AQ and a bluff, what do you beat at the river?

Super easy fold.