Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Dexter 11/11

Yeah, I agree. But I can't see myself listening to classical music on a treadmill.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:46 PM

I'm actually hoping Doakes somehow ends up on Dexter's side; he seems very much like a vigilante sort of character himself. I thought there was some foreshadowing towards this when LaGurta asks him in Ep5 "You killed two people. Doesn't that bother you?" or something along those lines.

I see an investigation into Dexter's background (which he has plenty of time for now) leading to possibly understanding Dexter better.

At this point, I'd like to see Lila out of the picture ASAP. She was always a little too cliche (though hot). Most importantly, there's nothing that annoys me more than that "evil smile while hugging" thing that they've done twice now.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM

anybody watch the previews for next weeks episode on SHO's website? Looks good.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody watch the previews for next weeks episode on SHO's website? Looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crazy... Not going to go into details here but looks good.

Also, in regards to others about Dexter head-butting Doakes, i agree that was a mistake. Now that he is on leave he will have 24/7 to tail dexter and will have some extra motivation to go after him. Will be interesting to see where that leads.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 AM

Once again another great episode. This show just seems to get better and better. Only gripe I have is that it seems unreasonable to think that only a cop could make up that manifesto. It doesn't take a cop to figure out that sending the police a fake letter will confuse them and keep them off your tracks. I'm pretty sure if you can get away with murder 30-40 times, you can figure out that a random letter will throw people off.
The fact that they did this leads me to believe Dexter will either frame someone (Doakes is the most obvious choice) or Doakes will team up with Dexter and help him keep the police off his trail (as xorbie mentioned above)
Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 AM

When I first heard about the manifesto I instantly thought about how the Unabomber was fingered--by family that recognized his writing.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 AM

Has anyone else started to like Dexter less since Lila has been introduced? I have. Here, I thnk, is why :

In the first season, Dexter was amoral, but ethical. This season, as he tries to become a better person (thanks largely to Lila's influence), he's becoming more moral, but less ethical. The first step in this evolution was his handling of Rita's boyfriend (which occurred before this season, but whatever). More recently, his developing manipulation of Doakes, who is a mirror image of Dexter - as morally rigid as Dexter is ethically rigid, and as ethically flexible as Dexter is morally flexible, is telling.

Dexter is becoming less likeable, in other words, because he is becoming more moral, and less ethical.

Does anyone else feel the same?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the first season, Dexter was amoral, but ethical. This season, as he tries to become a better person (thanks largely to Lila's influence), he's becoming more moral, but less ethical. The first step in this evolution was his handling of Rita's boyfriend (which occurred before this season, but whatever). More recently, his developing manipulation of Doakes, who is a mirror image of Dexter - as morally rigid as Dexter is ethically rigid, and as ethically flexible as Dexter is morally flexible, is telling.

Dexter is becoming less likeable, in other words, because he is becoming more moral, and less ethical.

Does anyone else feel the same?

[/ QUOTE ] Im not sure what all this means, but yes im liking dexter a little less, although more of the way the show is going than his actual character I think. They seem to have gotten away from the finding bad people, stalking/investigating them to make sure theyre evil and then kidnapping and killing them. His attitude definitely seems to be changing but people change over time so I guess its natural. The show still owns though.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 AM

Watched the episode for a second time tonight, and have a couple of comments/questions:

1. I could be wrong, but I see no chance of Dexter being caught. The show is becoming rather popular, and is completely revolved around Michael C. Hall. One of my theories is Lundy realizing Dexter is the killer, but since Dexter is doing it to save innocent lives, Lundy will keep to himself.

2. I don't think Dexter will change much by the end of the season. I mean, the show is based around him being a killer. My other theory is Dexter framing Lila being the Bay Harbour Butchor, just because nobody see's this coming. He would kill her in the end and make it look like a suicide (might be too similar to first season, aka ITK).

With all that being said, this show is sooo great. I love it even more for the fact that they finished the season before the writers strike (which someone mentioned earlier).
Old 11-13-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my theories is Lundy realizing Dexter is the killer, but since Dexter is doing it to save innocent lives, Lundy will keep to himself.

[/ QUOTE ] If this happens Ill be so pissed. Lundy doesnt seem like the type that will left him go. He sees that the killer is only killing murderers and is still very keen after going the guy even after he realizes he most likely has a law enforcement background. My guess is we wont see what ever happens coming. Atleast I really hope we dont. Except that he gets away obv. Theres no way he gets caught? How do they keep the show going if he does?