Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-12-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Overcard whiff, basic question

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.35/$0.7
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $35.30
CO: $27.58
Button: $28.80
SB: $27.09
Hero: $26.05

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero folds.

I raised here for value because the villians were playing anything. I let it go on the flop cause I was sure I was behind SOMEONE at that time. Is this standard play? Or am I missing something?
Old 08-12-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Overcard whiff, basic question

Good flop check, but I'm peeling getting 10-1 closing the action with the BDFD.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:07 PM

I think u should bet here to try to make the CO fold and get a good position to take a free card if the turn is a blank for u. U have (very likely)6 clean outs on the K and J and on top of that a backdoor flushdraw and a highcard which might win u the pot in the K. Bet, i if u get raise u call and see what the turn brings. If the CO folds and SB calls u can take a free card on the turn if it is a blank.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:08 PM

If he only had CO behind this would be ok, but with two players to act I like the check.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:13 PM

Perhaps ur right, think the key to deciding lies in the aggression facor of the two players which isnt mentioned. If there is a chance u get raised by the CO or SB then u of course shouldnt bet. Otherwise i still think it is good since u probably have the best hand most of the times. 5,3 and 2 wont be played that often by these two to not make the bet, even if they play alot of hands. Or?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise i still think it is good since u probably have the best hand most of the times. 5,3 and 2 wont be played that often by these two to not make the bet, even if they play alot of hands. Or?

[/ QUOTE ]
A-high is beating us and is going to see the river, so I think we have the best hand just about never here. We don't really know anything about these guys other than they're passive, so I wouldn't expect to be able to buy the button very often at all in this 8SB pot.

Converter [censored] that up, btw.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:55 PM

I like your flop check against 3 opponents, but why not take one off? You may still have six clean outs, and they appear like the type of opponents who will pay you off. Plus, you have great relative position to the flop aggressor.