Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How long should mods ban Ray Bonnett?
3 days is enough for a first (?) offence 10 23.26%
3 months and not a day less 1 2.33%
PERMABAN! 10 23.26%
unban him, he a retarded troll who provides endless entertainment 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: help me know what type of videos to make

SngIcons have done reviews of merged hand histories in the past - ie several subscribers played a SNG and supplied the handhistory afterwards. Watching that in the replayer with bigjoe commenting on each players game was very educational - and also fun, because a couple of the players in the game were actually in the room with bigjoe, and was being made fun of.

More of that would be cool, maybe OnFireJustice could do one of those? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, anyone who said they would pay any less than $20+ for a FJ video is misguided. If it's for sale at all it's worth at least $20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim,
It's just hard to want to pay a considerable amount of money (to some people) after being used to all the videos being free (free after the sngicons registration fee). It all depends on what the trade off is. If it's between a) John makes free videos, or b) John makes videos for $10, then it's hard for people to not choose the free videos. However, it's much different if the choices are a) John makes $20+ videos, or b) John doesn't make any videos. In the latter, it would be pretty easy for people (at least me) to pay 20 or more dollars for his videos because they're worth so much more than that.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:22 PM

FJ - I posted this suggestion on the sngicons forum as well... Bigjoe showed some interest but it didn't go anywhere.

I love watching entire games play out, but it would also be very useful if instead, you picked a "topic" and then played back specific hands in that topic. You can do this easily by copy&pasting assorted hands from Pokertracker into a textfile, then the popopop player would be able to play back the assortment of hands.

Some example topics... How to play specific starting hands... for example small/mid pocket pairs, AJ/AQ play at different blinds, etc, playing at certain blind levels, how to adjust vs certain types of villains, specific push/fold situations with various stack dynamics.

By selecting specific topics, you can make an almost "encyclopedic" collection of topics related to SNG play.

Just a suggestion... keep up the great work.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, anyone who said they would pay any less than $20+ for a FJ video is misguided. If it's for sale at all it's worth at least $20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim,
It's just hard to want to pay a considerable amount of money (to some people) after being used to all the videos being free (free after the sngicons registration fee). It all depends on what the trade off is. If it's between a) John makes free videos, or b) John makes videos for $10, then it's hard for people to not choose the free videos. However, it's much different if the choices are a) John makes $20+ videos, or b) John doesn't make any videos. In the latter, it would be pretty easy for people (at least me) to pay 20 or more dollars for his videos because they're worth so much more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was, the choices should be:

a) FJ makes expensive videos because that's what they're worth.
b) FJ makes free (or cheap-as-free basic SNG Icons subscription) videos because he feels like doing something nice.
c) FJ doesn't make any videos.

I just think it's a bad idea to try charging some middle-of-the-road price for them as a compromise. It's just going to keep some people from being able to see them while shorting the author on what they're really worth and the props he should get for giving away such a valuable resource. I thought about this after getting as offer to do instructional videos. What they wanted top pay me for 45 minutes of me yammering over a set of SNGs wasn't worth IMO what they'd charge other people to watch it, plus someone else would get the money and not me. They would pay me the same thing to do a how-to analysis video, which would be a lot more work and (again IMO) worth way more than what they were willing to pay me for it and way more than they would charge their customers to watch it, plus I wouldn't get the money anyway. After thinking about it, it seemed like there were only three reasonable choices for a how-to analysis video.

1) Make the video and give it for free to everyone because that's how I learned and I want to give back.
2) Make the video and find someone to distribute it for what I think it's worth and give me back a fair share of it.
3) Be lazy and not do it.

Doing the work, not giving away away the product, but not really making any money off of it is the worst possible way to combine those.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:31 PM

Jon,
I would like to see a low limit sng. I'm a member of cardrunners. I know any winning player can afford $25 a month. It's worth it! I play small stakes sngs and pay with my winnings.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:01 PM

There's virtually no 6-max turbo sng strategy out there, so some video's of this would be nice. I've seen all the sng videos from sngicons and i'm sure as instructors you think you may be going over the same ground at times...so 6-max sng's would be a little different. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4-tabling in real time and only using the replayer for merged hand history review's a la bigjoe, is my preference.

One important point, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] don't talk about American sport while doing video's (you don't) as i'm sure lot's of viewers aren't Yanks..and could care less.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sunday Mtt's would be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially if you have the recorder ready for anytime you make a FT or go deep.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:38 PM

By far the most important thing for sng vids is # of tables. 4 is mandatory. A 1-table sng video is worthless.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:48 PM

"help me know what type of videos to make"

make a UFC video like the one I heard you wimped out of [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 06:19 PM

I got a fever and the only prescription is more chinese poker videos.