Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:30 AM

Default An offer of coaching/mentoring

Modnote: I'm not a coach, I don't really plan to be a coach, I won't accept any students as a result of this thread. I'm doing this because I can hopefully help someone out and give something back to the forums.

About me: Currently play 5/10-25/50 with pretty decent results, originally started playing 0.01/0.02 with $40. I took a year off from University last year to play full time, and am now beginning my final year, although i'm aiming to play 20+hrs a week. I've had coaching myself from several people including, most recently, BobboFitos.

I realise a post is nothing without stats so this is my latest database:
http://www.legopoker.com/img/uploads...1195224849.jpg

My offer: I've taken a lot from these forums, and haven't given much back [my post count is testament to this]. I'd like to offer someone who plays uNL 4 free hours of coaching. I'm not a coach and I don't really plan to become one but I will probably be able to help someone out.

I DO NOT want to be inundated with PMs, feel free to PM me about other stuff, but anyone directly asking to be chosen will not be considered.

Please use this thread to tell me about yourself, why you should be chosen, what your goals are, what you want to get out of coaching etc. To be honest, i'm not sure what i'm looking for yet, but I will have chosen someone by Sunday. I will post in this thread, with an explaination of why they were chosen, and at that point the thread can obv be locked.

I cannot guarantee i can teach you to win more money, or that you'll even improve, but I think it's definitely worth a shot.

Let me know if you have any questions and i'll do my best to answer them.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

I should add: Whoever is chosen needs to understand that i'm in my final year at Uni and have to play a lot of poker so my time is under pressure. It may be that time i can set aside for this is limited so please be flexible with when you can do it.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:40 AM

Sign me up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
PM sent, i would rather not post this here

edit: oops, my bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I didnt want to post a 3 paragraph summary of my poker career/goals here. And apparently he dont want PM's.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:57 AM

My schedule is probably not flexible enough to be a good candidate, and other people here are more deserving anyway, but I must say it's somewhat inspiring to hear about someone starting at 1c/2c and working up to 25/50, especially since I started at 1c/2c with about the same bankroll as you just a few months ago. Thanks for taking the time to do this luke, and congratulations on your success.

May I suggest it would be pretty awesome if you were able to make a video of one of the coaching sessions and post it? Perhaps of you sweating the coach-ee and recording a ventrillo/skype conversation about the hands as it goes. Obviously since you are busy this may not be possible, but I hope you don't mind the suggestion.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:59 AM

Seems fine. Keep the thread clean: no begging, and no offers of money. Any financial transactions take place and I have to instalock.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 PM

Hi, i am 19 yearold first year university student from England and would love the opportunity of some coaching, with someone, who has an impressive record as yours.
I started playing poker about this time last year, mainly sit and gos. I then moved to play some cash and 10nl 6max, and ran really hot. I had never read these forums or had any poker help, but my bankroll quickly rose from $50 to about $300. I then signed up to 2+2 after it being reccommend to me, and i read alot of theory and studied this forum. This seemed to coincide with a bad run for me, and i went on a few thousand hand losing streak, until i decided to quit poker as i didn't enjoy it. I recently started again, at 10nl, and ran over 10ptbb/100 for 10k hands, i really thought i had it beat, so i moved to 25nl 6max, but this brought about a downfall for me. After losing several buyins, i dropped back to 10nl 6max, were for the last few weeks, i can no longer beat, and i am not finding fun anymore.

I really want to get some coaching, just so i can iron out what is making me a consistant loser. Just need the tips to direct me so i can turn back and start enjoying playing poker and increasing my bankroll again.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM

Aww might as well take a shot, it's not like i got something other to do.

I'll keep personal information short but im 23 attending lawschool in sweden like redwine, picnics and long moonlit walks at the beach.

I've played poker alot before usually lurking around the 50nl level with different results. I recentyl decided to take this serious so instead of just reading here i created an account and have started posting. Im doing quite well in the 10-25nl area playing a standard abc TAG game and i soon have the roll to start taking serious shots at 50nl(6max). If i ever get a coach it would be to get help opening up my play and start aiming to reach a more profitable LAG type of style. The problem i have is all thoose marginal situations that keep occurring when you play alot of hands and i'm unsure how to deal with them.

As any pokerplayer i hope to make alot of money in the long run but being a cynic realist my second goal is to play 100 and 200nl at a decent winrate supplementing my school income to be able to live life alittle fuller than pasta and cheap beer.

-- Oskar
Old 11-16-2007, 12:03 PM

PM sent, i would rather not post this here

edit: oops, my bad
Old 11-16-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My schedule is probably not flexible enough to be a good candidate, and other people here are more deserving anyway, but I must say it's somewhat inspiring to hear about someone starting at 1c/2c and working up to 25/50, especially since I started at 1c/2c with about the same bankroll as you just a few months ago. Thanks for taking the time to do this luke, and congratulations on your success.

May I suggest it would be pretty awesome if you were able to make a video of one of the coaching sessions and post it? Perhaps of you sweating the coach-ee and recording a ventrillo/skype conversation about the hands as it goes. Obviously since you are busy this may not be possible, but I hope you don't mind the suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

I started playing NL cash games from NL10 very seriously (at least 40 hours a month) in September, playing now NL25 and thinking to move to NL50 from December. And your experience, Luke, is very inspiring for me too. Good job! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Please, consider the possibility to open own "well" on forum, where everybody can ask a question and you reply when you have a time.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 PM

My goals for online poker are simple: I want to win. Badly. Over the time I have played poker I have been met with mixed success. I tended to run up small deposits, go on tilt, and lose everything.

But I am sick of being busto.

I am down here at the micros reinventing my game and trying to work on my fundamentals. I learned poker by watching on TV, and am finally realizing that I dont need to make crazy plays to win.

I have been looking for a coach for a while. I think coaching will fine tune my game and finally teach me things I thought I had figured out a long time ago.

I would like to be grinding nl 100 within a year. This is a personal goal that I have set that I do not think I can accomplish on my own.

Feel free to PM me for stats/results
Closed Thread