Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: WTF US DOLLAR JESUS

I've been slipping stores here in Canada all my US change covertly. Today I bought a large dbl/dbl and gave the cashier a yankee quarter & nickel, hidden within the pile of real money. So far I figure I've saved 85 cents and haven't been caught yet - I am the wizard of currency trading!

I like the idea of using US change in vending machines - I think I'll have to travel to Buffalo and bring back a few hundred bucks in change...
Old 11-08-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
London is the bomb, 350,000 people

[/ QUOTE ]

This would only be true if London was bombed.....alot.

(Try circa 6 million)

Doh, you meant London Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the London post and my immediate thought was "low cost housing WTF ?". I didn't even notice the 350K.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been slipping stores here in Canada all my US change covertly. Today I bought a large dbl/dbl and gave the cashier a yankee quarter & nickel, hidden within the pile of real money. So far I figure I've saved 85 cents and haven't been caught yet - I am the wizard of currency trading!

I like the idea of using US change in vending machines - I think I'll have to travel to Buffalo and bring back a few hundred bucks in change...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM

I will bring America to justice

Give my money back [censored]!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ahh GBP. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] u

[/ QUOTE ]

heh. thats the next major currency to hit the crapper. UK's economic boom, much like the US's, has been predicated on vast expansion of credit (to record levels as % of GDP). the housing price boom (more drastic than US's) has furthered this in a positive feedback loop. inflows to the UK will likely be significantly hurt once the BoE has to start intervening (probably in the next 1-3 years).

there are also now structural problems since tony blair's (read Gordon Brown's) decision to separate the regulators from the managers (i.e. the FSA is not connected in any way to the BoE) in the late 1990s. the northern rock debacle was likely a direct result, at least in some part, of that policy.

so <3 the pound now, but i'd look to diversify some GBP holdings into both EURs and JPYs.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

although this is not right forum, i thought i might just say, i think it is more likely 3-5 years, as i dont think gordon will let it happen soonish or else he is out of no 10 when election comes imo and he got us into this trouble of impending doom, he doesnt want to be prime rib when it happens
Old 11-09-2007, 11:09 AM

lol @ USD < Euro today.. europeans bad beat americans..
Old 11-09-2007, 11:20 AM

people from norway britain/ must be observing with dread what is happening to their poker bankrolls.. but as far as britain goes were right behind america economically, our debt and housing/cost of living situation is not far off the mark..prob just sit tight and see what happens. also what about china holding the future of the us dollar virtually in its hands. they dont want to be stuck with a trillion dollars of worthless currency. prob in the worlds interest to prop up the dollar if it continues to fall..
Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You all realize that a weakening dollar actually helps US based companies, right? Because products made here are now cheaper relative to products made in places whose currencies are killing ours. Its like everyone who borrowed from or lent to us (that is, everyone outside the US with US currency or holding US debt) is getting shafted. The only down side is foreign products cost relatively more, and there are a lot of products that are no longer manufactured here at all. Also, for you foreign travelers it sucks, but that sadly does not affect me right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhmm you do realize that you owe money to pretty much everyone? (Bush spending like there is no tomorrow + gigantic trade deficit).

A lot of that debt is in euro / yen / etc, so your loans get bigger right now (measured in US $).

And you don't really produce anything anymore. As it is you have a gigantic trade deficit, and this wont help one bit.

The only good thing you have going for you right now, is the fact that Bush can't be reelected. Basically your going bankrupt (actually your already there, you just don't realize it yet).
Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great, 1 year graph of US$ vs Norwegian Kroner:

And today newspapers write that it might even drop to 4. Have lost $4k already from this [censored] and will lose another $4k at least if that happens. Fix your currency US!

Actually, I think I'll switch to Euro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's also because the NOK is very strong atm.