Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

Four days isn't that much time off at all, especially for a pulled muscle. You might as well call it no time off at all. The least you could do is give your body some time to recover.

A good thing to do is some stretching when you can't be too physically active. Being flexible is great for minimizing the chance for injury, too.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:12 PM

I pulled a muscle in my lower back last week happened when I was changing sheets on my bed. I powered thru it kept up on my usual routine.. used advil, ice and stretched 2-3 times daily over 4-5 days..now I feel fine.

I'm pretty sure I know why I was susceptible to lower back pain.. As a kid at 18 I broke my neck and had spinal fusion. I have C3,4 and 5 fused together with bone they grafted from my hip.
Over the last couple months I have been doing a ton of exercises with my own body weight specifically pullups and pushups. My neck has been rather sore and tense. Pretty sure thats why my back just tweaked on my last week ..just a funky sidestep to make my bed really hurt my lower back.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:15 PM

BTW I bought a set of 4 exercise bands at Sports Basement for $12. Best money I ever spent on exercise gear, they feel really good. I like doing dislocates with them cuz unlike a broomstick they give a little bit where I'm tight and the tension feels like a really good stretch.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:44 PM

Had Enchiladas, refried beans, rice, some chips and 1.5 cokes for dinner
[censored] ME
KLJDSFKLDSJFKLADSJFKLDSJFKLJDSFKLSJDFKLSJDFIOERJF0 9JUT09THJU0934UKLDFSJLSKJDFLSKDJFSLADKJF
Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Had Enchiladas, refried beans, rice, some chips and 15 margaritas
yum

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2007, 12:58 AM

the beans have lots of protein??
the chips have carbs, which are good for endurance??
the 2500 calories will make me HUUUUUUUUGE??

i shouldve had 15 margaritas.

f it, im going to go do random pullups.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I bought a set of 4 exercise bands at Sports Basement for $12. Best money I ever spent on exercise gear, they feel really good. I like doing dislocates with them cuz unlike a broomstick they give a little bit where I'm tight and the tension feels like a really good stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never hear of sports basement but that's quite a bargain. Even a single pair of bands is usually pricier than that.

They're great, but it's hard for some people to wrap their minds around new things. I just showed some to my brother, who travels a lot, often driving, and can't always get to a gym, and he couldn't get into them at all. They're perfect for travelers. So instead he'll be content with his choices of doing nothing, or doing the exact same thing at a gym and thinking it's different. C'est la vie.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:04 AM

I can't help but grin when people count carbs as a bonus. It's probably the hardest type of food to avoid even if you wanted to.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:43 AM

Lately my elbow has been giving me pain, Im thinking this is from being at the computer so much playing poker, etc.

Is there such a thing as a "carpal turnel" type disorder for elbows due to mouse/computer use?

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix the problem?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't help but grin when people count carbs as a bonus. It's probably the hardest type of food to avoid even if you wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be jealous just because my enchilada dinner with cheese, refired beans, and delicious rice and two cokes will help my performance and help me lose weight. With hard work and commitment, even you can attain this level of self delusion with the right dedication.