Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Having trouble here - turn brings overcard + completes flush OOP

This isn't an exact hand but something that I've been put into alot recently that has left me a little confused.

I'm on CO with AdTd

folded to me I raise to $1
Button calls
SB and BB fold

Board comes 8h Ts 6s

I make a standard continuation bet of $1.50
Button calls

Turn comes Qs

What do you do here?

Betting seems like a bad idea, it folds out every hand you are ahead of. Doesn't necessarily fold out draws. Although it does mean you get value from hands like KT with the king of spades. I guess you fold to a raise, what do you do on the river, continue to bet or check/call or check/fold? What river cards change your action?

If you check a good opponent is going to bet with/without the flush, thats an overcard to the board and completed the flush. So do you call a turn bet?

River comes 3d

What is your plan here? If it has gone check/check do you blocking bet thinking he is unlikely to raise without a hand that has you crushed? Do you check with the intention of calling a bet thinking that he will bluff a large part of his range?

Similarly if it has gone bet/call or check/bet/call on the turn do you bet out? Or do you check/fold or check call.

What sort of villain tendencys change your decision?

How do your actions change if the turn does not complete the flush but just brings an overcard? I would usually bet again if it didn't complete the flush hoping to get value from draws/worse 1 pair hands then check call the river.

thanks guys!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Having trouble here - turn brings overcard + completes flush OOP

I bet more on the flop.
Against really aggressive opponents I lead again on the turn, but often I'll c/c or c/f. This situation is entirely opponent dependent and you have to get a feel for how opponents react to these situations. Watch how they play when they go to showdown, and see if they're the type that turns weak made hands into bluffs when they sense weakness, the type that floats flop and steals turn, etc.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Having trouble here - turn brings overcard + completes flush OOP

Extremely opponent dependent. Tricky spot. Against an unknown I probably just check/fold.