Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

View Poll Results: Who would make a better STTF Mod?
Omahahaha 3 15.79%
My butt hole 16 84.21%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: M2TR shortstacker illuminati thread

AceCR9, why on earth would someone get banned for posting strategic content on 2+2 forum? And if he did, wouldn't MT2R use that as the first line in his infomercial? You know, "With secrets so powerful, they banned me from strat forums for only hinting at them."

And why are people so scared of the shortstackers? It's hilarious. You think the fish care? They don't. That's why they'll flip with J8s. They think it's fun.

The good players hate it, and the reason is that it takes away some of their edge. It makes you think twice about mixing it up light. Whatever, it's poker.

And it is poker. Maybe poker-lite, but still poker. Some NL players seem to think Limit isn't poker, just poo-flinging. But NL can be frighteningly simple at times, and shortstacking just highlights that point.

OOH, how do you play Limit London Lowball? That alliterates rather nicely. I would definitely play that if it were easy to multi-table.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shortstackers save me a lot of money for when I get in cooler situations as I lose 20 bbs instead of 100+.

Anyone here want to team up? IE if we're in a situation against a shortstacker we both call and check it down to bust him (unless we have a huge hand, trips+ ). Then just Stars transfer half the balance to the other guy.

I'm really big on spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, cheating is the obvious solution, ldo. If you're in a 3-ways for 20BB pot, I hope you have something good, though.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Ok, I've stopped reading on page 7 to post some thoughts before they fly out of my head.

First I agree with phydaux, either people are open with all their thoughts on poker or not.

I also think that having this information wont be as unproductive as people think. Personally I wouldn't mind if a table was all short stackers bar me, you could just run them over. Also having played as a short stacker (only to clear a bonus which required me to play above my usual limits), the worst possible environment for me to play in would be one in which everyone short stacked.

These thoughts lead me to the following conclusion, either posting this information will have a minor effect on the games. Which won't drastically effect peoples win rates here as they will learn to counter short stackers or it will have such a major effect as for everyone to become short stackers which could change to a completely new dynamic. One which I believe will lead to short stacking being less profitable. Further I can't see poker rooms not increasing the min buy in if this thread didnt have a major effect, as most of their profit is in raking the full stacks. If all the short stackers played really tight their profits would fall.

Just my thoughts, I'm not fussed either way. But if I was you I would post.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:32 PM

Sorry to add this but Ace isnt you posting a counter strategy good for the game. If you suddenly have a bunch of short stackers see that their play is exploitable they might stop/ if the effects of both these posts are as great as people believe wont this lead to people starting to play SS then everyone seeing a way to beat SS'ers and changing back to full stack play? I honestly think that MT2R post won't hurt the game at all, it could also make it better.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to add this but Ace isnt you posting a counter strategy good for the game. If you suddenly have a bunch of short stackers see that their play is exploitable they might stop/

[/ QUOTE ]

good for full stackers, yes.

but if people can't beat SS'ers already, I'm not giving out free info on how to beat them. If people put in the time to figure out the correct adjustments then good for them, but you have to put in the time.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I wouldn't mind if a table was all short stackers bar me, you could just run them over.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't have a table where only one player is playing deep stacked.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Why not GiantBuddha?

Ace now Im confused, didn't you just say that if MT2R posted his information you would post counter information, thus giving it out for free? Similarly if you are worried about short stackers shouldnt posting this information, that will enable other players to exploit SSers and thus cause SSers to possibly give up, be a good thing to do for free? As it will cause more people to play full stacked? Possibly worried is not the right word, its more like you dont want to play against SSers. So yea I'm confused, either you want to play vs full stacks in which case you should teach others how to beat them or your counter strat against SSers is so good that you would want more SSers and thus be happy with MT2R posting?

I'm confused! :P
Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 PM

i give up
Old 11-12-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not GiantBuddha?

[/ QUOTE ]

Effective stack size. If 8 players have 20BB each, and one player has 100BB, then everyone's playing a 20BB game, until someone doubles up. One player has a deep stack, but he's not playing a deep stack.

Cash game =/= tournament
Old 11-12-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I wouldn't mind if a table was all short stackers bar me, you could just run them over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laugh Out Loud. Seriously.

This biggest no-limit hold 'em myth: big stacks can "bully" the table.