Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: AJo gets me into a sticky situation

Anyone care to explain how they peal the flop? You have 4 outs, 1/3 of those put a 3 flush on the board that you have to worry about in general let a lone the redraw to a single flush card. So I would think you would discount those outs and you're only getting 13:1 which demands 4 outs (I don't like implied odds in this case because of all the possible redraws). Maybe I'm just weak/tight though.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone care to explain how they peal the flop? You have 4 outs, 1/3 of those put a 3 flush on the board that you have to worry about in general let a lone the redraw to a single flush card. So I would think you would discount those outs and you're only getting 13:1 which demands 4 outs (I don't like implied odds in this case because of all the possible redraws). Maybe I'm just weak/tight though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're weak/tight. I call this flop for 1 all day and night. There's no indication that any of your outs being dead here, and UTG could be betting his draw. So call call call.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:14 PM

I actually like everything up to the river in this hand. Maybe fold preflop, but I don't think this is terrible either.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:48 PM

Care to actually explain yourself? All you said was that you would call, not why you would call.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call the river, other than that I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the turn bet, because given that action, you are ahead alot.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no indication that any of your outs being dead here, and UTG could be betting his draw

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2006, 04:50 PM

Just because there's no indication that they're dead doesn't mean you shouldn't discount them. I guess I'm looking for a more detailed description of how you count your outs that make the flop a call. I counted of 4 outs, but then had to discount them because of the flush draw and the pfr. I haven't heard anyone disagree with that and give reasoning for doing so.

He could be betting his draw, but you still have to hit to be ahead (I don't think you're calling the turn without improving) and if he's betting the flush draw then you're not getting odds to hit since you're drawing to 1/3 less outs and he would still have redraws even if you hit your outs.