Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: 2 very thin value river raise possibilities

[ QUOTE ]
I reraise pf in the first hand. I call riv, but its close.

2nd hand, wtf @ your flop bet, make a real cbet of 3. River is an easy fold, a donk for a psb is pretty much always a 10 here

[/ QUOTE ]

Im gonna have to disagree with the second hand comments. I think betting under the pot will give you the same info as betting the pot. Generally I always bet more closer to the pot if I feel my hand is vulnerable to draws, and closer to 1/2 pot if my hand is less vulnerable. Theres no reason to always bet the pot, betting slightly under the pot still achieves the same result.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 AM

i´m calling both of them, there def is no value in raising though.
and i am def betting the turn in hand one. you said there is no value in it but there is. you charge a fourflush for drawing, worse 1 pair hands will call you and you make the pot bigger so you might even get paid off when you flush hits. If villain had a hand like 89 you are missing value on the river but against the majority of his hands a raise is the best way to light money.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 AM

Hand 1:
Sometimes I bet the turn here -depends on how likely he will fold. This is for protection vs overcard broadway and to charge fdraw/str8 draws. Also this allows us to check behind in position.

Vs. Better aggro players and as an earlier poster mentioned our hand has showdown value so a check on the turn is fine too. River I call but expect to be beaten alot -I'm certainly not re-opening the betting on 4 to a str8 flush river with top set -what hands would call that u beat if u were in their situation facing a raise with a lower set/2pair ?

Hand 2: I bet 3 too and agree with others that say this but I almost always bet 3. Firstly my hand value doesn't affect my cbet size - only flop texture and ability to get AI by the river.

On the river I call - the flush got there but we beat QJ and other hands -after all we did PFR+cbet then check turn so they may put us on nothing.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both hands really suck but i think they are actually pretty easy folds against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

[ QUOTE ]
2nd hand, wtf @ your flop bet, make a real cbet of 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

hardly an issue. sizing is a bit on the small size, but definetly not terrible.

Oh, and i think both hands are calls.