Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: The little spews that could

No way Jennicide folds a better hand.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way Jennicide folds a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-18-2007, 12:14 AM

I think you're insane. Both hands are right out of the Playbook from the 40/80 game at the Borgata.
Good thing you won one, otherwise, you have to see the equity you gained in future play come to fruition before they left in order to get even.
At least you were having a good time..........and showed a profit. That's cool.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:35 AM

hand 1: i like because i think he has air more times than he has a pair due to the turn check

hand 2: jennicide likes to get to showdown and from playing with her i don't think she folds enough to make this play
Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 AM

Last time I played with Jennicide she wouldn't fold anything on that board, so I would hazard a guess that #2 was less likely to work. I think #1 is pretty close to a river call, as opposed to raise+cap, though.

Rob
Old 05-18-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: i like because i think he has air more times than he has a pair due to the turn check

[/ QUOTE ]

We have most air beat. Do we really want to put in 4 bets to maybe fold K high when for 1 bet we can just see a showdown?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have most air beat. Do we really want to put in 4 bets to maybe fold K high when for 1 bet we can just see a showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

King-high is a fairly material percentage of his range IMO. Also, as ridiculous as this sounds, there is some value in inducing bluff re-raises with worse hands or hands that will fold to a bluff (?) cap.

I mean, let's put it like this: if he has T9o, then the play is to raise and re-raise as often as possible, no?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise the river because his line is obviously fishy and i think it induces river bluffs
Old 05-18-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise the river because his line is obviously fishy and i think it induces river bluffs

[/ QUOTE ]

So we raise to induce the bluff 3bet since we think our hand is best, at which point we decide to bluff cap because the pot is now big enough that it would be a disaster to let him win with K high on accident?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we raise to induce the bluff 3bet since we think our hand is best, at which point we decide to bluff cap because the pot is now big enough that it would be a disaster to let him win with K high on accident?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

The thing is, when he 3-bets this river, his range becomes sort of bifurcated between his best hands and his worst hands, because the play with everything in between is just to call, which is kinda good for me since I don't think he's strong all that often. I think he'll think that he needs to bluff with king-high because my preflop play + my flop peel have to suggest that K-high is beat, even if my 2-bet on the river is patently fishy. And if he thinks he needs to bluff with king high, there's a good chance that he'll fold it to a 4-bet.