Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Forum Reorganization

What I'd really like is the ability to designate some forums as "My Favorites"...and they'd get their own special placement on the sidebar.

I mean, I really only read 6 or so forums on a semi-consistent basis, so it would be cool if they could be listed separately on the side, so i don't have to wade through the other 40 or so.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I'd really like is the ability to designate some forums as "My Favorites"...and they'd get their own special placement on the sidebar.

I mean, I really only read 6 or so forums on a semi-consistent basis, so it would be cool if they could be listed separately on the side, so i don't have to wade through the other 40 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would solve so many problems, you could put forums anywhere you like then and nobody would care. I hope this is a practical solution.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-10-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone was happy with the F&I and MMB forum merge.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a horrible idea. I cant imagine anyone who uses either forums or both liked the merge. There is no reason for the merge. They are completely different. Plus the "merge" is just deleting MM&B and moving a few posts over to finance so thats how im going to treat it. There is no more MM&B.

I was so glad to see the forum go back to the old setup and then you had to mess with it again. WTF
Old 04-11-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone was happy with the F&I and MMB forum merge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there any formal statement from management (not mods) as to why it was done. As far as I know there was never any explicit set of criteria to meet in order to keep the two forums separate.

There was also a great pick up in activity across many topics covering mm&b over the last couple of weeks before the forum upgrades.

Did the mods champion the cause of the regular mm&b forum posters? As noted, we bitched and moaned A LOT (as well as tried to make some civil points) as to why we should be kept separate.

Although the post and view count may be low in that forum, it has given rise to many threads that has been of great value to the regulars. It's just really mind boggling to me to have a company repeatedly ignore the requests of its customers especially when their request wouldn't necessarily inflict that great of a cost on the company. Last I checked moderators don't get paid here and bandwidth costs are moot. Needless to say I'm very disappointed with the outcome of this and hope that 2p2 reverses course.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:46 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

boy, having a loyal group of users sure is great. lets do something they dont want, im sure that will make up for us having the forums down for multiple days only to make the forum worse. lets see what else we can do to make it worse. mid thread advertisements? at least that would give us funds to hire someone else who is incompetent to screw up more things that users like...
Old 04-11-2007, 04:58 PM

Please stop trying to "fix" the forums. Every "improvement" has been worse.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the things from the upgrade most people seemed to like was the reorganization of the forums, everyone as in WE

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there a big outcry for the forums to be re-orginazied? I think most people were like me and were totaly happy that it went back to normal.

P.S. Dont get mad at people for complaining, it just means we enjoy your site and we care about it.

At least they didnt delete BBV4Life like they did my fav forum.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the things from the upgrade most people seemed to like was the reorganization of the forums, everyone as in WE

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there a big outcry for the forums to be re-orginazied? I think most people were like me and were totaly happy that it went back to normal.

P.S. Dont get mad at people for complaining, it just means we enjoy your site and we care about it.

At least they didnt delete BBV4Life like they did my fav forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
I miss MM&B [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ... but I can't figure out if I miss it or majesty more... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 PM

I can understand people not liking BBV4Life being moved away from BBV, and I get that some won't be happy with the merged forums too. The communities category and BBV4Life can be reworked later on if it needs to be done. I just ask that people give it a try for a little while.

But the overall changes should make the site easier to navigate and increase visibility for a few forums that were essentially buried before. The order being more logical does matter, as we still care about the site's usability for new members. It's not changing things just for the sake of change. If we didn't change the order we would be doing it just because we know that many people don't like change, and that wouldn't be right either.