Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Folded bottom set on draw heavy board (live, 10-25 @ Rio)

Full ring, 10-25, Rio during month of WSOP

I have $4700. Villain covers.

I view villain as tight. He did not seem aggressive.

I am normally viewed as tight, but I had recently been caught semi-bluffing so I am not sure of what my image was.

UTG+1 limps. Villian limps UTG+2. Loose Foreign Omaha Player (LOP, on the waiting list for a big 10-25-50 PLO game) limps in MP, Button (who is tight) makes it $125 to go. SB folds and I call in BB with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. All limpers call.

Flop (5 players, $635):
4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I lead for $600. UTG +1 folds. LOP quickly calls (yes, he is out of turn). He is made to take his money back.

Villain is thinking for nearly 30 seconds before he announces a raise to $1800. LOP now folds.

It is folded back to me. While I am thinking, LOP answers a whispered query from a LP player by saying (too loudly obviously), "Yes, I had a flush draw, what can I do?".

Now I am thinking, what could Villain have limped in EP with, then called a PFR? I really think he has a set here. First of all, I showed a lot of strength by leading into everyone for about a pot sized bet. Then LOP showed strength by quickly calling. Plus, the button (the tight PFRer) was obviously still to act.

I guess he could have a big draw here, but even then he has outs (although I would love to get it in with a set against any draw). I rule out a made straight or a mere overpair. I didn't think he would limp with 67s in EP.

His raise was basically putting me to a decision for my stack and I folded. I never thought I would fold a set on such a draw heavy board, but it all seemed to add up to a fold.

I said I would pay $25 to see his hand, he shook his head "no" and mucked.