Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: KK preflop

This is really an amazing spot once you don't 4 bet.
First of all - UTG's stats are important and you didn't include them. Even a nit will open his button 3-bet range against a bad/too loose player.

Second - I'd check the flop and I would be really concerned if he actually checks the flop instead of betting because he probably won't bet this flop with aces because he hates it too, and might slow-down with trips or better.

If he bets out on the flop I think I'd call and b/f turn big. If he calls then shoving river might fold AA here, and anything better probably pushes turn anyway.

Anyway - I don't think c/f holding here is the right thing to do.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTN's stats are over about 70 hands..significant enought to know that he's a nit.

I flatted, now wtf? Pretty easy check/fold?

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $476
BB: $103.35
UTG: $2,541.90
MP: $415.70
CO: $330.90
BTN: $498.80

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $16</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $54</font>, Hero calls $52, 2 folds

Flop: ($128) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still 4 betting preflop. Check flop seems pretty obvious now. Only reason to bet is that if he does anything other than fold then you know you're toast.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:43 PM

what can he have that we beat on this flop?...AK and TT is about it given preflop action, and TT is not a likely candidate imo... i think c/c flop and shove river is he checks back the turn is the only way to get him off AA, c/rai flop here is suicide imo. either way, i think it's a gross spot vs. a 14/7, but i generally would stack off 125 bb's fairly often with KK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what can he have that we beat on this flop?...AK and TT is about it given preflop action, and TT is not a likely candidate imo... i think c/c flop and shove river is he checks back the turn is the only way to get him off AA, c/rai flop here is suicide imo. either way, i think it's a gross spot vs. a 14/7, but i generally would stack off 125 bb's fairly often with KK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think putting in a bet with the intention of folding AA is generally insane. If this is the only reason you want to bet the river then just check fold the river.