Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Go to Vegas, Get Drunk, Get perfect perfect-ed

Beat: Got 3 outed and then perfect-perfect-ed in vegas.
Brag: Got perfect perfect-ed. Also, too drunk to feel pain.
Variance: Didn’t ask for insurance.

Prequel:
I get stacked the day before playing 1/3 at the Wynn my AK to some awful dudes A6 on a AA9 flop. Turn 5 river 6 GG my all in for the ~$750 pot. I’m still kinda tilty, I don’t play much live so beats online that are standard somehow are worse live.

Beat story (back story, if you care, is at the bottom):
I get kings in… some position. Some number of people call or fold. I raise to 10, which has been my standard raise. I get plenty of action cuz I'm drunk, I've been up all night, and I've been "raising alot" compared to the rest of the table. Let's say ~6 to the flop:
K Q 5r
Easy game, right? Checked to me, I bet 15 (has been my standard continuation bet, B&M is weird and i play bad) 5/10 LV reg calls and then the nitty unfun guy directly to my right pushes. I push without thinking cuz I has a set! And I'm drunk! Somehow, 5/10NL insta-calls and we flip:
KK
55(old nit)
Q5(5/10NL)

Sweet, I have them both drawing virtually dead, and this ~$750 pot will get me positive for the day.

Turn: Q

River: Q

HYACHAHCHACHACHA. I shake the 5/10NL hand cuz he's kinda freaking out and I'm kinda laughing too. The other players at the table go the standard ZOMG DID YOU SEE THAT routine that happens for every "unusual" situation. I rebuy and proceed to donk another buy in. Twodimes confirms for me it’s 99.89% for me. 1 loss for every 903 runs. At least this happened early in life to me – it’ll take literally years for my EV variance live to get back to even.

Backstory:
Didn't feel like posting this at first for the obvious
[x] pocket change responses. That said, the more I think about this hand, the sicker I feel.

I'm playing 1/2 at MGM last week. It's somewhere between 8 and 10AM and I'm obviously drinking and donking. Probably donated a solid 400 so far by playing "lag" (AKA sucking at cards). Of course LAG standards at early morning weekday B&M games is raising AKo off the button - the old dudes then lecture you about how you can't raise without a pair, you'll only lose big pots that way never win because it's obvious when an A/K peels, etc etc. (As an aside, nothing is more depressing to me than the unfriendly and sad looking guys who come out of the B&M woodwork to try to catch the drunk scraps than the night before). At some point in the morning, after I make an AWFUL play(s) to stack off with KK to A7o to an absolute fish on an Ace high flop, a LV regular sits down to grace us with his presence. He makes some comment about 1/2 not being 'his game' and I oblige by asking what 'his game' is - apparently, 5/10 NL. He runs over the weak tighties at the table but his stack yo-yo's as he gets picked off with some regularity. We're both about 300 deep when the following happens:

Old 11-11-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Go to Vegas, Get Drunk, Get perfect perfect-ed

fun read
Old 11-11-2007, 11:41 PM

I think I would literally break down into tears over this hand.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would literally break someone´s neck over this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At least this happened early in life to me – it’ll take literally years for my EV variance live to get back to even.

[/ QUOTE ] lmao
Old 11-12-2007, 12:06 AM

You should have offered to buy the pot for 75%, Hellmuth style.