View Poll Results: 9. FR SB w/ AKo
Raise 26 63.41%
Call 12 29.27%
Fold 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: A-Rod opts out of contract

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that Franchise keeps repeating this implies he doesnt know much about baseball and doesnt think about it very deeply.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you read the thread before you attack someones knowledge of baseball.

I was repeating the quote that Mondo said because it was one of the more ridiculous things I ever heard.

Saying that someone may be end up the greatest baseball player off all time, but that isn't much else, when being the greatest player of all time is enough imo is that point.

So yea, that is a quote I laugh at, and didn't write, yet you attribute it to me not having knowledge about baseball.

Also, implying that when A-Rod retires he will be considered amongst the greatest players of all time is far from a stretch, and I feel like most people will agree with that, even A-Rod haters.

So direct your attacks in the correct direction next time.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good enough for what? He's good enough to help a team with flaws make the playoffs. Is he good enough to help a team win a World Series? Obviously, he's good enough to be a key contributor, but no one player is good enough to win a World Series. And that is why, to some extent, chemistry matters. Because no one player can do it by themself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you are one of those guys who would rather have 25 Ecksteins over 25 Arods?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey pot, say hello to the kettle, k thx.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good enough for what? He's good enough to help a team with flaws make the playoffs. Is he good enough to help a team win a World Series? Obviously, he's good enough to be a key contributor, but no one player is good enough to win a World Series. And that is why, to some extent, chemistry matters. Because no one player can do it by themself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you are one of those guys who would rather have 25 Ecksteins over 25 Arods?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. But that's a stupid argument to begin with, because having 25x one player's stats doesn't account for having 25 of that actual person. It's a nice tool for statistical study, but an entirely irrelevant in the real world, because it is an impossibility of actually happening.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the media for reporting this story during the World Series and then blaming A-Rod for said story.

[censored] tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at blaming this on the media. Boras decided to tell the Yankees and make this public during the World Series. Even if they didn't mention it on the Fox broadcast, SI had it by early in the game and it was all over every other news and sports broadcast by the seventh inning. Do you want the media to collectively ignore this story for the "good of the game"?

Gammons was pissed because he was on the field after the Saux won the series and he was being asked questions about A-Rod. He first tried to answer the question and then went into his mini-tirade about the fact that this was happening today, during the World Series (and the rest that is paraphrased in someone else's post).

[/ QUOTE ]

If Gammons doesn't want it to overshadow the World Series, he'd be best off just not talking about it. It's hilarious to be upset about A-Rod wanting attention and by ranting on and on about it, giving it to him. If you want to complain about it, complain about the FOX crew bringing it up in game.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saying that someone may be end up the greatest baseball player off all time, but that isn't much else, when being the greatest player of all time is enough imo is that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being the greatest baseball player of all time does not equal being a World Series champion, DUCY?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey pot, say hello to the kettle, k thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I've read all of your posts, and have a pretty good idea of your knowledge. Did I ever attribute a quote someone else said to you? No, you give me more than enough quotes to pick apart and bash. Nice try though.

I'm done arguing with you though, you're just a thread killer. No one agrees with your views, yet you act like I'm the only one disagreeing with you. Maybe I'm the dumb one for even paying attention to your comments.

Mondo, would you rather have David Eckstein or Arod?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:59 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
You can't write some of this stuff...some of the things the Yankees FO thinks/says, some of the things the media says, and some of the things posters in this very thread are saying.

I mean it's inconceivable.

BEST PLAYER ON THE PLANET = GTFO YOU ARENT "TRUE".

I mean. Wow. Just. Wow. Even though I dislike all things Red Sox, I almost hope they buy him so he can stuff it down NY's asses for the next 7 years or so. There's just no place for ignorance and stupidity at this level. This isn't a high school baseball coach cutting a guy because he's "too short to play". This is the best baseball league the world has known and decision-makers suddenly have IQ's of 65.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree with this. i was actually starting to like the yankees based soley on how much is despise red sox fans. Now, between what Steinbrenner Jr has said about A-Rod and Torre have just been so fantastically retarded I hope this franchise falls into a bottomless pit...along with all red sox fans.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can't write some of this stuff...some of the things the Yankees FO thinks/says, some of the things the media says, and some of the things posters in this very thread are saying.

I mean it's inconceivable.

BEST PLAYER ON THE PLANET = GTFO YOU ARENT "TRUE".

I mean. Wow. Just. Wow. Even though I dislike all things Red Sox, I almost hope they buy him so he can stuff it down NY's asses for the next 7 years or so. There's just no place for ignorance and stupidity at this level. This isn't a high school baseball coach cutting a guy because he's "too short to play". This is the best baseball league the world has known and decision-makers suddenly have IQ's of 65.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree with this. i was actually starting to like the yankees based soley on how much is despise red sox fans. Now, between what Steinbrenner Jr has said about A-Rod and Torre have just been so fantastically retarded I hope this franchise falls into a bottomless pit...along with all red sox fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the blame for A-Rod leaving is the FO's fault though, I think that it was Boras' and A-Rod's prerogative to hit the open market, not based on a bad offer from NY.

I also don't think there is anything wrong with saying that if someone opts out you won't go into a bidding war, especially when A-Rod opting out costs the Yankees 25 million from the Rangers.

But I do agree that fans that are killing A-Rod and think the Yankees will be better without him are wrong.

I guess this is what we deserve for so many people booing him for 2plus years, and its probably the same people who booed him that are complaining about him leaving.