Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 05:26 AM

Default AA faces turn aggression

Villian is 69/6/0.5 over about 150 hands. Just plays a lot of junk, although every showdown hand that I have seen he has had a decent hand.

Am I allowed to fold on the turn after he c/r or do I just have to call and c/c the river?

Is my turn raise correct?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 09-04-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: AA faces turn aggression

Nice hand.

You cant change into calldown mode after his donk on this turncard. He can overplay AK, or any 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] combo with a K or 9.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand.

You cant change into calldown mode after his donk on this turncard. He can overplay AK, or any 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] combo with a K or 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this, I don't think a player with an AF this low plays the way you describe. I can't fold in a pot this size though so I just call down from the turn donk.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:04 AM

AF 0,5 is pretty passive but 150 hands is not enough for me to calldown AA here in this spot.

I still think villain is able to limp AK preflop or donk this turn with a TPWK + flushcombo.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:48 AM

you played it fine. turn raise is fine as well but when he 3-bet you call down. with a strong read what he donks turns with you could change you play to a call, but a lot of weak players donks with marginal hands.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this, I don't think a player with an AF this low plays the way you describe. I can't fold in a pot this size though so I just call down from the turn donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with mvoss here - I wouldn't raise that turn since I don't expect to be ahead enough. If he does have junk, you've got a good shot at picking up a second bet when he leads the river anyway.