Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Cake Poker Reload

100% up to $500
Use bonus code SEPT100
16.67 points are needed for each $1 in bonus money (each point accumulated is worth $0.06).
Valid until September 30th at 8:00 PM ET
Bonus released in increments of $5
Bonus expires after 90 days
Old 09-26-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Cake Poker Reload

who what?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:54 PM

cakepoker.com

They have a $500 signup bonus and now they are offering a $500 reload too.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cakepoker.com

They have a $500 signup bonus and now they are offering a $500 reload too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do they also have a ton of weirdass promotions involving cards as well as a small player base? I'm in....
Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 PM

Thing is with these places, you get a big reload, but when you sign in there are about 11 people playing on 3 tables.

Good luck working off that $500. 90 days or not.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:30 AM

yea. the site is cool, but the player base is not there to clear this IMO
Old 09-27-2006, 09:20 AM

Agreed, plus retarded name!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:39 PM

Hi folks,

I wanted to speak to the comments in this thread so far.

Jah: The worst thing that could happen once we chose a name was for it to not evoke any reaction, good or bad. We needed a name that symbolized two things: Rewards and Fun. Cake by itself is a silly name. But personally, I was sold on it when I saw the logo. =)

Wise: Our Gold Cards were created to reward players directly for their ring game play. With the Gold Card 500, we've basically created a Ring Game Leaderboard with a $10,000 Prize Pool. We've given out thousands of dollars to date just on Gold Cards alone and all players need to do to collect them is play a ring game. Hell, on Monday, a player got a King of Clubs Gold Card on our $.10/$.20 table and now looks to be getting $400-$750 dollars on Oct 2nd when our first Gold Card 500 race completes. PLUS...he'll be able to get more when the Daily Lottery for Gold Cards gives up a prize for his King of Clubs.

I fully admit Gold Cards are nutty at first glance when you're used to playing on the rest of the sites. Yes, you might not get a lot of Gold Cards if you're playing low stakes games. But players who play $2/$4 and up see their table getting Gold Cards every 6-10 minutes and the highest games we've had going $10/$20 limit had them firing out every 5th hand.

Wise, Kim, Orentha: The fact we're light on players is no secret. From 5-6 ET to midnight ET, we usually have 4-6 tables with players on them. Much of this is due to the fact we haven't marketed the site except to some smaller forums and a banner now and then on 2+2. Since we built this site from scratch, it was vital to the long-term success of the project that we take measured steps to insure our servers, database, security, game, etc were all very stable before moving to the next stage.

After being live for a little over 2 months, we've had plenty of time to listen to players, add little features and to get to know everyone. We regularly hit the tables to offer impromptu bounties or just chat with players. Since we both built and operate the site, we're always interested to hear what folks are thinking. We won't be able to do that as much once we hit the gas with big ad campaigns and larger promotions to drive the traffic up.

With that said, we still are giving away over $13,000 in prizes each month for those folks who are helping us out in these early days. Our $10,000 Gold Card 500 has been a huge hit, because it's basically a leader board for Ring Game Players. The guy who won first place got $2,500 and he did it in 3 days of play, just for playing at ring games. Same for the 2nd place person who earned $2,000..she did it 6 days after the race completed. The regular grinders here at 2+2 would have cleaned up on this race, but again we're too new for them and they didn't understand the opportunity. Which wasn't all bad, because many of our regular players got a good shot at winning some of the cash because they were in the know. =)

Comments about low traffic or missing games like Stud (which are in the works now as we've completed our stablility milestones) are welcome comments to us, because we're able to address them when we're ready. Right now though, we're simply trying to insure that people who play tons of poker are happy with our rewards and features. And, we're having fun getting to know our guests.

Doug
Old 09-28-2006, 01:24 PM

Doug,

I've given your poker room several shots and the players are friendly and I can certainly see how the promos would be something a novice would enjoy. As mentioned the software could use some tweaks, especially the lack of a waitlist.

Keep up the good work in the forums, your involvement in the forums help you more then you can know, especially since you're willing to take such hard criticism in stride.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 PM

I personally like the name, and like how you've started the site. I like your promotions so far too, very inventive... maybe not for the standard 8tabling pro, but the gold card race and gold cards in general are a very cool idea...

as for the low traffic, i wasn't taking a shot at the site or anything, it's just true, the bonus clears horribly at the limits that run on the site. that's just the way it is... so clearing a $500 bonus there is very very hard to do...

also, I've emailed support more than a couple times, about some problems and technical things, and they haven't been fixed as far a I can tell...
Mucked cards at showdown are not shown in the hand historys... they used to be, and then one day then weren't. And haven't been shown for a while now.

All I got from support was "we're looking into it"
and that's fine, but that was easily a month ago... ???