Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Guy crashes into my truck, his fault, gives false insurance info

Yep, this last weekend my son was driving my truck when someone pulled right in front of him, causing an accident. Guy admitted it was his fault. He gave my son his personal and insurance info. The cops were called out but they didn't want to file a report since it was a minor accident, nobody was hurt, and it looked like all info was exchanged. Damn I shoulda had the cop file a report anyway.. oh well..

Today we called the guys insurance and found out it was totally bogus. Then we found out his phone # was fake too. Well we do have a valid drivers license # and his address is correct - I drove by his house and saw his damaged car in the driveway. Found out his real home phone # and called but nobody answers.

So, unless we can contact this a-hole and get some valid insurance info from him (which I doubt will ever happen), then we'll have to file a claim against our insurance that an uninsured person hit us, and pay a $250 deductible. Which SUCKS!! Its not our fault, why should we have to pay?

So whats my play? I'll be calling again tonight, will try knocking on his door to ask for the right info, but that might cause problems too. But damn, if I gota pay $250 and deal with a lying a-hole, there will definitely be revenge at some point down the road.

Suggestions on how to handle this, and how to get revenge if all else fails, much appreciated. Doubt the cops will do anything at this point. Oh well, at least nobody hurt.

L8r.. BB