Watson vs. IND 5 100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Bankroll Debate

30 buy in is enough. 30*30= 900 and you have more then 30 buy-ins
1000-1500 is very good IMO
Old 10-18-2007, 10:38 AM

30 buy ins? wow you are much better than me sir..I've had runs where 30 buy ins would have meant my kid would've been out of lunch money
Old 10-18-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[Here's some advice though. Keep on playing the tournaments you feel comfortable playing and stay out of my way! No seriously, keep playing them but occasionally (occasionally meaning like 1-2 out of every 10 played) take a shot at tournament that's just above your comfort zone. Once you get a better feel for them and gain confidence you can slowly increase the number you play and before you know it, you'll be playing those exclusively.

If things don't go so well, or you feel like you're not playing well enough, you can always move back down, and keep improving until you feel ready to start taking shots again.

You will be facing tougher competition the higher you play, but at the same time it will undoubtedly make you a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede554, this is absolutely great advice and exactly what I need to get my lazy ass moving into higher buy in tourneys. You are so right, there is no real risk and if I go on one of those terrible runs that comes along every now and then, I can easily move back down without risking my roll in any way.

My problem has always been when I consider moving up I think of it as a all or nothing move. I think of moving up exclusively. I've never really thought about doing as you have said, play 1 or 2 above my normal buy in for every ten I play. This will also give me something to look forward to, it has been getting rather boring playing $5 and $10 tourneys all the time and not really feeling much pressure at all.