Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: [email]AccountVerification@epassporte.com...lite[/email]rally criminal?????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I get the feeling OP=Kyle B?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I brought kyleb up a few posts before this. The difference is kyleb had approval for his transfers...presumably, OP did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

also my gripe was with FTP, not epassporte, though epass definitely put me through the ringer like they seemingly do to everyone/
Old 09-06-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: [email]AccountVerification@epassporte.com...lite[/email]rally criminal?????

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii Kyle B....

I thought I made it pretty clear that my friends and I didnt do ANYTHING wrong....But I can see how you might have missed the 4 paragraphs where I explained that. I hope that Epassporte constantly loses your upgrade papers on DAY 10 of the 7-10 day waiting period.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 PM

I don't know why anyone who brings up anything remotely reasonable that happens to be somewhat negative or suspicious in nature is blasted on this forum.

Most poker players, at least winning players I know are A) Intelligent B) Suspicious C) Curious D) Willing to take calculated risk.

Now, I think everyone knows that nowadays it is near impossible to get money to and from Poker Sites and hold money on Poker sites without some risk. How much risk is debatable.

But for anyone to completely discount the risk associated with these companies, whether that risk be the company going out of business to the company stealing your money to the company stealing and or selling your identities is absolutely naive.

These questions are absolutely reasonable and fair.

The level of trust we have put in these companies is unfounded and at every chance these companies prove it. The truth of the matter is that it is near impossible for someone to sympathize with someone else until it has happened to them.

Wait until your money is locked at epassporte. Wait until A poker site takes your money. Wait until your identity is stolen 2 years from now and it can’t be explained.

I can’t speak for the OP and I can’t verify his story. But I do agree with the basis of it, these companies are engaged in unfair and hostile business practices, and if they aren’t illegal, they sure as hell are negligent. And I think not trusting a negligent company and their negligent, incompetent customer service with your Driver’s license, you credit cards, your cancelled checks, your utility statements and what other identity stealing essentials they need is perfectly reasonable.

And if you don’t, then you’re the fool, not the OP and not me.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:30 PM

Well to be honest it did happen to me and I still don't have any pity for this happening to someone else. In one case a bunch of us that play live would lend each other money and then pay off debts by transferring on a site. The site eventually froze ll of our accounts and it took almost a month to get it sorted out. Twice with my bank my accounts were locked because of odd behaviour. Very very large 3rd party cash deposits and a lot of large cash withdrawals set off triggers. It was upsetting at the time but fully reasonable action by both the poker site and the bank.

As much as you don't trust these 3rd party money transfer methods the truth of the matter is the risk of them getting hit with fraud by users is much greater then users getting screwed over by them. If someone doesn't want any problems they have to basically just use the service as it was intended. Funding multiple accounts from one source is always going to get flagged.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:55 PM

FWIW they won't let me reuse my CC after I made one deposit to pokerstars without the "scan your life and email it to us" option. THAT IS INSANE. I am not sending my driver's license, voided check, and tons of personal information IN A SCANNED IMAGE VIA UNSECURED EMAIL. NUTSO. Excuse my caps. The other CC I tried to get authorized is being "declined by my bank" they say (bank says they are not declining anything and don't see anything other than the pending micropayment used for confirmation). Verrrry phishy and very risky I would say. No way I am setting up my checking account.

<edit>I think I will try the cashier's check method</edit>
Old 09-06-2007, 05:47 PM

None of this qualifies as criminal. While it might be crappy service from a not-so-great company, it is within their right to give you crap service and drive you away as a customer. It is evident they don't like transferring money from account to account probably because they realize it may be a way for you to get around their fees (if there is a fee to transfer, disregard).

Also, I think it's clear to isolate your account from other people no matter how trustable friends seem. If you aren't ever under suspicion for working with other people, you can't get trouble that way. Also, if one of your friends, which includes friends of friends you don't even know, gets in trouble for using illegal credit cards or what not, its a guarantee you will find yourself with a locked account under investigation.

Obviously, none of us like sending our information to companies where we will get little protection from the US government, but are willing to take these risks in order to play poker or whatever online.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 PM

Epassporte has never screwed me. Just today I was thinking how good it is to have a reliable funding service when things looked bleak a while back.

Why is it every time someone has a dispute with a site or funder, they come here to make their first post to defend their innocence and slam the site they are in dispute with? I mean, over the years, theres been dozens and dozens that fit the same exact pattern.

I always picture their emails to the sites before they go on the message board rampage. "Unlock my account and release my money NOW or I will go on a verbal internet assault and make you pay for this!"

So many people have been caught in their own lies, it's hard to give anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore. All I can control is my personal relationship with any site in question. If they have been on the up and up with me over a good period of time, I figure they are good enough for me to continue to use their services.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:44 PM

I was happy with Epass till this past week, looks downhill from here
Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 AM

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Synergetic Explosions......

Thanks for skimming over my post and thinking the worst of me. Since there is nothing that I could say to you to make you understand what I have gone through, I wish you many random account lockings in the future. Good luck homie!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:38 AM

Except these were not random account lockings. Your account was connected by 1 degree of separation to someone who funded multiple (I think the number 20 was mentioned but not sure) accounts.