Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 07:18 PM

Default A8s flop

I don't have a great read. Villan has been opening in LP a few times and I have been folding. Other than that, nothing really. He's opened his CO/btn the last 2 orbits (both CO and btn). Hero should have a TAG image and not really done much.

your flop plan?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $227.40
Button: $106.35
orange: $223.40
BB: $198.25

Pre-flop: (4 players) orange is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $7</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">orange raises to $25</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($52, 2 players)
orange ...
Old 08-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: A8s flop

i kinda like check call all three streets for some reason
Old 08-02-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really get value out of all 3 streets by c/calling??
Pretty much if the guys has AK/KK/AQ here we are probably felting the hand either way in a 3-bet pot with only 100 bb's, so the optimal line needs to be what gets our stack and the villains in by the river.

Note: I realize this is a hand where we are WA/WB, but in a 3-bet pot I don't see how you get away from this hand w/out some sick read.

I like a c/call of flop, but not sure what the best way to get the money in on the turn is, since I dont see any hand we beat betting the turn again.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:09 PM

I like a lead since he'll probably call a bet with TT-QQ on this flop. Or if we check this flop and he checks behind, then he'll call on later streets with one of those hands. I think we can also c/c flop, but I also think if he leads turn, we are surely behind.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:11 PM

It feels like a checkcall/checkrasie on the flop would be a little transperent. Atleast I would fire every single hand in my ranghe on a flop like this. Therefore I have to fire here too obviously. I say a little smaller cbet, like $27, are good. It gives him a little rope to do something dumb and also may make him to call with underpairs or floating you. If he calls I think a check on the turn is ok to induce some floatbet/thin protectionbet. If he checks behind a vbet on the river is madatory ofcourse.

Oh, folding this against big resistance is out of option. He's aggro and could have a flushdraw or making some dumb bluffs. A weaker ace is possibly to, though unlikely beacuse the 3bet. Sometimes you recive a cooler, nothing you can do anything about.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:11 PM

Bet. But I really dislike preflop
Old 08-02-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really get value out of all 3 streets by c/calling??
Pretty much if the guys has AK/KK/AQ here we are probably felting the hand either way in a 3-bet pot with only 100 bb's, so the optimal line needs to be what gets our stack and the villains in by the river.

Note: I realize this is a hand where we are WA/WB, but in a 3-bet pot I don't see how you get away from this hand w/out some sick read.

I like a c/call of flop, but not sure what the best way to get the money in on the turn is, since I dont see any hand we beat betting the turn again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we're pot committed to the hand tbh. we've still got $175 behind and the pot's only ~$50. i like a flop c-c here. if he's bluffing flop he's most likely checking behind turn here thinking we're slowplaying a monster, which works in our favour. if he checked behind on flop i think we can get 2 streets of value against QQ- here. i would seriously consider folding to a big river bet if we c-c flop and turn though.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:19 PM

i like b/f, c/c, small b/c

i am not sure if that makes much sense
Old 08-02-2007, 08:27 PM

Flop plan = bet, because thats what I would do with air in this spot.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:27 PM

betbetbebtebtbetbebtbetbebt

but i don't like repopping utg here with this hand