Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: ridiculous cake poker bonus

also rake has to be reduced when playing with 2 or 3 ppl the amount of times ppl r sitting out at a table refusing to play heads up is frustrating
Old 11-05-2006, 02:26 AM

Our rake is fashioned after Stars. There is a drop in rake when there are less players dealt cards.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:27 AM

Thanks, we're trying. =)

As to the sit-out, we're doing it based on 5 minutes now, so look for that to change to 10 min soon.

Doug

[ QUOTE ]
Grummin,

Extending the bonus time is just another little example of how you guys have your stuff together.

So far the only thing that I have noticed that is not a "positive" about Cake, othe than the traffic, is that the sit-out time seems a bit short. If I take a smoke break and don't get back before my blinds post (which is usually the case), I get booted from the table when my blinds get to me the second time, even though I have "wait for BB" checked.

EVERYTHING else seems VERY SMOOTH.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-05-2006, 02:50 AM

You should consider modifying the sit out rule to not boot people from tables that are not full. Also if someone has sat back in and is waiting for the BB it should not boot them no matter how long it takes to get to you.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes there is 2/4 or 3/6 and even the occasional 10/20 (thats over my head) running at night. I try to get people to get another 1/2 table running but apparently most are happy to plug away at one table. So instead of multi-tabling I multi-site...

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I'm one of the "guys" that has been getting 10/20 limit going. At that level gold cards fly back and forth. And since i'm usually an NL player there's usually 2 really good limit sharks, then like 1-2 fish, and me in the middle.

I usually play it just for fun, but hopefully the site will keep growing, their promos/software is way above average.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:17 AM

Some kind of variable sitout time would be good. When you are waiting BB you never get kicked. If there is room on table you can sitout 10 mins. If table of full you get kicked in 5 mins. I hate sites where tables are usually just 7-8 people since 2-3 are permanently sitting out and seem to be never kicked.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:30 PM

I think I've been kicked-off of Stars tables when I was in 'waiting for BB' mode.
cake definitely isn't alone on this.

When it happens on Stars I'm thinking it might be when it's about the be my BB...then one of the blinds stands up meaning the BB skips me.
Which is pretty stupid when you think about it actually. If I'm playing live and somebody gets up it's not like the dealer looks at me and says, "Sorry, looks like you'll have to wait another orbit."
Would be even more ridiculous if this happened live a couple of times and I sat there waiting patiently for my BB and then the dealer said, "Sorry, you've been sitting-out for too long so you're gone."
Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 AM

Getting booted thing needs to be fixed. I was away for 1 bb. Waiting for it to come back around, Iit was only 2 seats away and them bam I'm booted and replaced. A "wait for bb" button would be nice" and you should not get booted if you have it checked. Also would be nice because I've mised the bb when waiting for it and playing other tables. I actually have to pay attention to theone I'm waiting on to click "I'm back" when its one player away.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:50 AM

Something associated with the "boot-off" problem. Yesterday I got booted while waiting for the BB. My seat did not fill immediately, so I tried to rejoin the table. I clicke the seat and got a message that since I had left the table less than 20(??) minutes ago, I would need to buy in for at least $10 (the table minimum). I tried to buy in with the $10 minimum (to get back quickly) and got the message "invalid buy-in. I tried again with $20 and got the same message. I then remembered that I had taken a little under $50 off the table and was able to buyin for $50. Each time I tried to buy-back in after getting the "invalid buy-in message" I had to close the table and reopen it in order to try and take my seat back.

I assume that when you leave a table for a short time (20 minutes??) and try to rejoin, you have to bring back what you left with or more. This is GOOD, but if you don't know exactly what you left with, it is difficult to get back on, especially when the message tells you that you have to bring in an amount that is the table minimum. The message SHOULD tell you the amount that you left the table with as the MINIMUM buy-in amount needed to return.