Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 09:55 PM

Default are micro limits crushable?

anyone put in like 100k hands of say 25nl and had a great amount of success? or is the big rake and general variance due to perpetual donk beats too much to overcome? love to hear feedback about beating these levels or is it just not worth it to grind through them.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: are micro limits crushable?

If you have a great deal of success at 25NL you will find yourself bankrolled for 50NL and move up. So, your answer is no. No one has played 100k hands of winning 25NL, that would be stupid. Many, many players have beaten the 25NL level and moved up. I'm sure many players have played 100k hands of losing or break even.

I checked my PT data base and I have 10,137 hands of 25NL with a winrate of 5.98bb/100hands.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a great deal of success at 25NL you will find yourself bankrolled for 50NL and move up. So, your answer is no. No one has played 100k hands of winning 25NL, that would be stupid. Many, many players have beaten the 25NL level and moved up. I'm sure many players have played 100k hands of losing or break even.

I checked my PT data base and I have 10,137 hands of 25NL with a winrate of 5.98bb/100hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i beat nl25 for a pretty good winrate and it was pretty low variance , worst i ran was something like -8buyins which is that bad ,,,,i played something like 125k hands with a 4ptbb winrate ...played so much at 25nl because i kept getting crushed when i moved up and had to move back down a couple times until i eventually got comfortable playing 50nl ..
Old 11-24-2007, 11:18 PM

I have and yeah, it is beatable. The reason I haven't moved up (I have gone between 25nl and 50nl a few times) is because I have withdrawn money several times as well. The last time I took a look at my stats, at something like just over 90K hands, I was at about 9ptBB/100. The level is definitely beatable, and honestly it is actually pretty damn easy to beat.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:48 AM

nice. so what were your guys PT numbers beating it at these rates? just ramming the nuts or what?

i'm new to online poker, been a successful live player and starting at micros..
Old 11-25-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have and yeah, it is beatable. The reason I haven't moved up (I have gone between 25nl and 50nl a few times) is because I have withdrawn money several times as well. The last time I took a look at my stats, at something like just over 90K hands, I was at about 9ptBB/100. The level is definitely beatable, and honestly it is actually pretty damn easy to beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, 9ptbb/100. Coach me? I can kill 10nl but i can't for the life of me beat 25nl. I don't understand if I'm running bad or what. I've tried every style of play at this level. TAG, LAG, etc. I've tried everything from a 17/10 style to 25/17 etc. I just don't get it. I got stacked 8 times today in under an hour. I keep getting called by middle or bottom pair to have the villain hit on the river and then shove into my overpair. Man any help would be really appreciated. I've read all of Pokey's stuff as well as other relevant posts and still am having trouble at this level.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:37 AM

play where people respect raises...
Old 11-25-2007, 05:08 AM

I think my stats were on the tight-side, like 16/6/2.5 probably. I let them do the work for me. And honestly, I just ABC my game. I try to find the absolute loosest tables and if it starts getting tight, I quit and find something else. If I am at a tight table I loosen a little, but typically I don't go crazy, basic TAG, if a bit tighter than most.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:26 PM

here
Old 11-25-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I keep getting called by middle or bottom pair to have the villain hit on the river and then shove into my overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm at 16k hands myself and the variance also seems pretty sick to me but it's good to hear that it's crushable.