Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-12-2007, 08:32 PM

Default AKK3 3/6 FLO8

PokerStars 3/6 Omaha/8 (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

was this hand played ok here? im an 08 noob
Old 11-12-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: AKK3 3/6 FLO8

I'm new to O8 as well, but I don't think I bet this flop.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 AM

looks pretty standered to me.. preflop raise is a must... and i dont mind taking a stab on the flop.. given that it was checked around though on the turn chances are no-one has a-2.. so your prob good, or at least sharing the low.. perhaps worth a stab on the river, you might fold a crappy two-pair for high
Old 11-13-2007, 01:53 PM

Betting this flop is fine (although noone with an A2 is folding), but, we're trying to knock out anyone who might be sharing an A3, and we're also betting to put pressure on mediocre drawing hands and mediocre pairs. So, if one small bet stands a chance at accomplishing this, then a bet is definitely the way to go. Also, if you would be willing to check/call a bet on this flop, then I think it would be better to just bet it yourself; because you were the preflop raiser, you're going to get credit (at this point anyway) for an A2.

After the flop action, I don't mind a call to see what happens on the turn. But, I look at it like this...when MP2 raises you on the flop, what hand/s would he be doing that with that he would not bet on the turn? If he flopped lock low, and he raised you on the flop, then why wouldn't he bet it again. I mean, he chose not to slowplay/disguise the A2 on the flop, so why stop now? So, I am going to cross him out as one of the possible A2 holders.

What about the CO who cold called 2 bets on the flop? If he held an A2, and everyone checked it to him on the turn, wouldn't he bet it? The same goes for the small blind who check/called 2 bets on the flop and then checked the turn. I think, if he held an A2 that he would want some chips to go into the pot, and because noone bet the turn, I would think that he would value bet his nut low on the river.

That said, I think you should bet the river. Yeah, if anyone has an A2, you're obviously going to get called, and then you'll stand a much better chance to be scooped on the high side(bla bla bla), but, if those players are that nitty and "afraid" to bet an A2 in the fear of being quartered, then just take note of it and move on. But, I would bet your hand...try to fold off another A3 (if it's out there) and to also *try* and get your KK to win high. The pot is big enough to where I think you should be trying to win a piece of it. It's good for your image, too, especially if you're a tight player.