Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-08-2007, 07:51 PM

Default 200plo: I got really confused here

Villain is pretty new at the table. He's limped in EP before, but I don't know anything more than that.

I havent seen him 3bet before, but then again, not many hands.

PF is borderline, or perhaps just bad. I usually fold, perhaps limp here, I don't know why I raised.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $243.75
Hero: $200
CO: $141.10
Button: $198.30
SB: $280.45
BB: $136.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $16</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($33, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($33, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $20</font>, <font color="purple">Hero ??? </font>
Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: 200plo: I got really confused here

I'd just reaise.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:05 PM

big draw? 2 flush draws and 2* 3 way str8 draws
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM

your pre-flop play is a bit lose, but not as such terrible,,, i generally either limp or fold this hand however you raised..fine.. got re-raised by the BB.. ok this generally means from most tightish players aces...and your in position, so you call isnt terrible..

flop was checked...ok..i still cant help but think that this guy hits his top set and wants to get some action out of it, why else check after three betting heads up???....

Now turn comes....brings two flush draws and infinate amount of straight draws... so he decides its time to put a bet in.... but ohhh.. you've hit the second set, second nuts at this time.....this does make things interesting..

Without any knowledge on the opponent and given the fact that he three bet from the blinds there is just toooooooo high a chances he has top set here. Also you dont have any of the back up flush draws that can bail you out,,, however the large amount of draws may work in your favour, since it might quite easily slow him down if they do come and you decide to just call here.

My recommendation here is to just let this one go, in my mind he has aces faar to often here for you to shove. And if you do shove, what worse hand is he going to be calling with??there are a few like two pair and big flush draw, or kings with hearts, or something like k-q-a-t with some hearts, but they are in the minority, and you arnt that huge a fav against them.... your other play is just call this bet, hope the river does come a non-repeater flush card and have him either check it down with you.. or bet big and make it an easy lay down... but what do u do when he bets pot again on a safe card???

its a fold in my opinion, i have ran into aces far to often in these spots to make a call/shove here.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:39 PM

This is not aces that often. Aces would not want to give flush draws a free card.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 PM

SHOVE&gt;FOLD&gt;CALL
Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not aces that often. Aces would not want to give flush draws a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2007, 01:58 AM

I can`t put this guy on AA.
If he had it he was prolly trying to CR flop and since you checked behind there is no way he bets less then a pot on that turn.
Repot/shove...whatever.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:58 AM

sadly, I probably call this
Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Let me add to that. If he doesn't have AA he's even more likely to pot the flop in order to rep the aces and take down the pot without a made hand. I still laugh sometimes when I reraise with a double suited rundown, the flop comes similar to this, and I fire pot and everyone instafolds. Basically I think a check here is more likely to be Aces than not.