Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 06-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Old-Timers Game (GAME THREAD)

Welcome to Pogglesworth.

A small town, on the edge of an ancient forest. It has been inhabited for years by the same 27 families. They occasionally leave, but they always find their way back home. The outside world is only vaguely aware of Pogglesworth. Those that notice it, think the inhabitants are a little strange. They have their own dialect that makes sense to nobody else. They spend as much time talking about themselves as anything else.

And, on occasion, strange things start to happen.

Take last night, for example. It was a full moon. By tradition, the Residents always gather in Town Hall during a Full Moon. It has been that way in Pogglesworth for centuries. The Elders of the town insist on it. And when asked why, they look away, and mumble about tradition. On this night, on this full moon, there was a terrible storm raging in Pogglesworth.

So, the residents did not all gather. They huddled around their fireplaces, and hoped that, come morning, they would still have a house, and crops, and that all their friends would be OK. Of course, the Elders still gathered in Town Hall. And, as they sat in a circle, in silence, they asked themselves "Will it happen again?".

And then, as the storm ended, they heard it. What they had been fearing, what the Elders of Pogglesworth had feared for centuries: the howling of a wolf.

The Eldest, Zurvan, stood up and faced his two counterparts. "I must warn the villagers of what is happening. You two, return to your homes. See if you can find out who the Werewolves are. You know the old methods, to determine the true heart of one of our own. But, do not let anyone know of your knowledge. Should the Werewolves learn of your powers, they will surely kill you next."

With that, Zurvan walked from the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Old-Timers game thread. The game starts Monday morning, when I get to work.

I will be sending out PMs shortly.

Seers - you get a night 0 peek.

Wolves - wolf chat starts whenever you get your PM. There is no wolf-chat during game days.

Days 1 & 2 will have night fall at 9:30PM, or when a majority is reached. Following that, days will go until there is a majority

Residents of Pogglesworth

.Alex.
amplify
BobOjedaFan
boiler_bd
Chim17
Chuckleslovakian
dmk
ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
fishmonge
fnord_too
Iron_Yuppie
jaredl
kumubou
KyrosMother
MDoranD
metsandfinsfan
mostsmooth
nicholasp27
Our House
Patrick Duffy
Patton4
shortline99
stephen H
tokyo!!
traz
VoraciousReader
Xorbie
Old 06-18-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Old-Timers Game (GAME THREAD)

Come sunrise, the villagers left their homes. They surveyed the damage, and were pleased to see that the fierce storm had not destroyed their crops, or hurt their friends.

Suddenly, they heard a scream from the centre of town. As they all rushed to gather, they saw their Eldest, Zurvan, bloody, and mutilated on the ground.

In his hand, there is a torn scroll. One of the villagers picks it up, and reads it aloud:

Attention, residents of Pogglesworth.
Last night was a full moon. In accordance with the laws of Pogglesworth, you were all to gather in the Town Hall. Six of Pogglesworth's residents were cursed, centuries ago, with lycanthropy. As long as we are all together on a full moon, there is no harm. If not, they will turn to Werewolves, and attempt to destroy us all. Only I know the identity of those families. It is a secret entrusted to the Eldest, and only the Eldest.

I have searched the town, and I have determined which individuals from each family have displayed the lycanthropic tendencies for this generation. They are -

And that's where the scroll stops.

One of the Elders walks to the front of the crowd.

"All of you, return to your homes. Myself, the other Elder, and the Heads of each of the 27 Families of Pogglesworth, will gather in the Town Hall each day, to try and discover the identity of the Werewolves. Each day, we will lynch one Family Head, based on compelling evidence, and only when a majority agree that he is guilty. Each night, we will hope that we have found the Werewolves, and no more of our loved ones will die."

It is day

Night falls at 9:30 PM, or when one player receives 14 votes.

<font color="blue">Housekeeping Note: MDD has had to drop out. I've invited the first alternate, I'll let you know when he's starting</font>
Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 AM

Lynch Durron
Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM

I think I will start this game off eactly how I started my first turbo.

lynch Chuckles

Off to meetings, will check in later.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 AM

vote bobo

Normally this is standard etc., but I strongly suggest it this time around. He is an excellent wolf, and an abysmal villager. Not only that, he will absolutely role-claim something insane to save himself if he is a villager (which probably hurts the village) and we won't know if he is lying or not b/c he does it all the time. If he does it as a wolf/vamp/whatever, then again, we won't know whether to believe his insane role. Thus, KILL HIM NOW!!!! Please, I implore you all to save the village a ton of inevitable pain down the road.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 AM

mostsmooth
Old 06-18-2007, 09:34 AM

vote fishmonge

I've never heard of this guy, so I dont know how he found his way into an old timer's game. I can only assume Zurvan meant to invite fishmonger, but sent the PM to the wrong account, so now we have some random nobody playing. Our best bet is to take care of it early, cause there are more deserving players and I don't want them to get jealous of this guy who's never played.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vote bobo

Normally this is standard etc., but I strongly suggest it this time around. He is an excellent wolf, and an abysmal villager. Not only that, he will absolutely role-claim something insane to save himself if he is a villager (which probably hurts the village) and we won't know if he is lying or not b/c he does it all the time. If he does it as a wolf/vamp/whatever, then again, we won't know whether to believe his insane role. Thus, KILL HIM NOW!!!! Please, I implore you all to save the village a ton of inevitable pain down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

yer ghey

bobo
Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 AM

sup biotch
Old 06-18-2007, 09:49 AM

hey all
km is a wolf
vote kyrosmommy