Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: It seems mediocrity is the rule these days...

[ QUOTE ]
I think what OP is pointing out a lot of games that were hyped up quite a bit yet turned out to be disappointing. From his list specifically Kane and Lynch, Hellgate, Jericho and maybe blacksite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't think this year has been any better or worse than previous years. It's just that there have been quite a few high-profile let-downs.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn it, what am I going to do in a world where Cabella's Big Game Hunter isn't a game of the year candidate? I was expecting big things out of that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

tell me about it, the AI is terrible, the deer just stand there, well, like deer
Old 11-17-2007, 09:27 PM

Uh I could have told you all but one or two of those were going to suck about 6 months before they came out. Hellgate was a disappointment (although I still think it has potential) and same with Kane and Lynch. That's pretty much it. There are so many really amazing games out right now I don't really have enough time to play them all. I have no clue what you are complaining about.

Go to gamerankings.com, search for the top 30 games in the last 3 months and you'll see how amazing the lineup has been recently.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:26 PM

on the first page for all the reviews on IGN for the 360 the average rating is 6.7 (I didn't include the foreign ratings)..

I don't discount the fact that there are great games out to be played, but to say there are more great or even good games compared to bad games out there is simply not true.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:28 PM

big shocker
Old 11-17-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, mass effect, orange box, mario galaxy, uncharted, ratchet and clank, (assassins creed), CoD4, crysis, rock band, what a mediocre line up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, if someone owns all 3 consoles and a computer with enough HP it might be a lot, but for most people who one one or two, it's still not much
Old 11-17-2007, 10:33 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
but to say there are more great or even good games compared to bad games out there is simply not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has said this. You said that good games were the exception to the rule, which implies incredibly rare. People were simply arguing that this was untrue. Btw I don't think there has been a single time in video game history where more good games came out than bad.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:43 PM

Well, if there aren't enough good games out there right now you've either got too much free time or you won't ever be satisfied.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, mass effect, orange box, mario galaxy, uncharted, ratchet and clank, (assassins creed), CoD4, crysis, rock band, what a mediocre line up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, if someone owns all 3 consoles and a computer with enough HP it might be a lot, but for most people who one one or two, it's still not much

[/ QUOTE ]

??

The 360 has 5/9 of those by itself. Only one is a PC exclusive. And that doesn't include the slew of great games that have been released in the past few months, and is also missing some upcoming titles like Lost Odyssey / Katamari / Warriors Orochi / etc. Not sure how quickly you go through your games. But I only have one console right now and already have a backlog of games I haven't gotten a chance to buy yet!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if there aren't enough good games out there right now you've either got too much free time or you won't ever be satisfied.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I just picked up Crysis and COD4, we'll see if the later part of what you say is true. Games like Rears of War, the Half-Life franchise, Bioshock, FEAR(the first one), and World in Conflict can spoil a person and make unrealistic expectations for upcoming games..